The Construction QA/QC Lead is responsible for acting as the focal point for site QA and QC activities on behalf of the WND project during the site preparation, construction, installation and commissioning phases of the works and for providing QA and QC guidance to the Company’s project management team.
The prime responsibilities of the Construction QA/QC Lead are to:
• Manage QA and QC activities at the WND Onshore construction site
• Develop, take ownership and steward the implementation of the Construction Quality Plan
• Provide assurance oversight that the EPC contractor, and its sub-contractors, are adequately addressing contract technical and quality requirements in their proposed quality programmes during the construction and commissioning phases of the works
• Interface with EPC contractor’s Quality and Construction personnel to deal with specific quality issues
• Review EPC contractor’s, and its sub-contractor’s, ITPs, method statements and construction procedures for inclusion of contractual requirements and adequate definition of surveillance intervention points based upon system criticality rating and risk
• Liaise with EPC contractor Site Quality Representative and ensure the implementation of a robust inspection notification system
• Ensure recruitment and assignment of an adequate construction site QA and QC team with respect to discipline QC inspectors to provide oversight of the EPC contractor and its sub-contractor’s QC activities
• Support the process of setting-up contracts with inspection service providers
• Develop site QC inspection budget and ensure that costs are adequately controlled and tracked
• Review, distribute and maintain inspection and test reports from both the EPC contractor and Company nominated inspection bodies
• Notify the Construction Manager, Quality Manager and EPC Contractor’s management team of any quality issues related to construction and/or commissioning of the plant
• Oversee the EPC contractor’s mechanical completion activities including the progressive compilation and handover of manufacturing record books, certification and construction dossiers for Company acceptance
• Interface with the site team, home office and EPC contractor in the resolution of non-conformances
• Monitor quality performance and provide input into monthly quality reports and KPIs
• Lead periodic audits of the EPC contractor’s quality management system
• Construction QA/QC Lead West Nile Delta Project
• Chair weekly quality meetings, with EPC contractor quality representatives, and work in a collaborative manner towards resolution of highlighted quality matters
• Provide detailed input into weekly and monthly reports in relation to site related quality matters and performance metricsEssential Skills / Qualifications:
The Construction QA/QC Lead must be extensively experienced in leading site quality activities with respect to inspection and test requirements for the construction, installation and commissioning of onshore gas processing facilities.
A strong understanding of industry codes and standards, as well as construction inspection and testing techniques, including Non Destructive Testing (NDT) methods and certification are also necessary.
Experience of major international EPC projects,ideally with an operator background,would be beneficial. The Construction QA/QC Lead should have a minimum academic qualification of a Higher National Diploma in Engineering and should be a Registered Lead assessor.
Other core competencies are as follows:-
A strong commitment to and demonstrated ability in promoting high HSSE values and developing the same commitment in contractor teams, preferably in an developing country construction environment.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to infl