Our client, a major owner/operating company, requires expertise for their ongoing oil sands mega-projects in Alberta.
This position is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
Imperial Oil Ltd.
160 MacKay Cres, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 4W8The Role:
• Oversee site contractor during Execution Phase
• Serve as member of the Project Management Team (PMT)
• Provide the PMT interface between the work face and the Site Manager
• Serve as the lead Client company representative at sub-sites
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in early site construction planning/construction planning interface with EPC contractor prior to site mobilization
• Serve as day-to-day interface with EPC contractor/craft labor during the Construction Phase, providing a focus on safety, quality, cost, and schedule
o Provide safety monitoring/leadership
o Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
o Provide oversight of contractor’s materials management/verification systems
o Ensure compliance with specifications, procedures, and plans
o Monitor workforce productivities/progress relative to schedule
o Monitor environmental compliance, as required
o Interface with contractor for field level changes, e.g., scope, costs, etc.
o Verify post-site arrival of procured equipment and engineering equipment
• Serve as liaison with Site Manager on barriers/emerging issues
• Provide pre-commissioning/mechanical completion oversight/verification
• Supervise the mechanical completion phase and transition to final Hookup and Commissioning Phase (punch list management via EPC contractor)
• Coordinate Construction Foremen
• Coordinate Quality AuditsEssential Skills / Qualifications:
• 20 years of relevant construction experience on unusually large oil & gas, mining or industrial projects
• 15+ years experience representing owners' interests while supervising construction, sophisticated equipment installation and commissioning, including coordination of construction foremen and skilled trades
• Demonstrated ability to perform quality audits and oversee construction contractor deliverablesDesirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Steel Toed Boots
• Safety equipment required (if applicable)
• Steel toed boots (CSA approved).
• Remainder supplied on Site.
• Safety training required
Remainder TBD on Site.