Our client are a leading Operator within the Oil and Gas IndustryThe Role:
The HR Manager is a key member in the operations. They will partner with the operations leadership team to support business objectives by providing a strategic HR support and developing and implementing short/long term HR initiatives for leading all aspects of Human Resources.
To support Group HR Manager and Country Manager in ensuring the HR Agenda is implemented and delivered for E&P Algeria.
• Manpower forecast and headcount and recruitments planning.
• To ensure vacancies are advertised interviews, selection process and recruitment of the right resources to the project.
• To issue proper ,Job offer letters, employment contracts and renewals of contracts to employees and that PO’s for manpower provision are placed to staff Agencies.
• To supervise and maintain an HR employee’s data base (NOK, employee’s documents, information, letters and contracts, etc.)
• Data maintenance and inputting thorough the HR system (SAP )
• Govern and maintain the WP, Residency system that enables smooth and efficient deployment of expatriate workforce in Partnership with the internal and external stockholders.
• To ensure that all the statutory obligations of the company are met, during the delivery of the HR Agenda. (occupational health, ANEM, social insurance, statutory books )
• To interface with all the labour authorities ( e.g. labour inspectors, CNAS )
Reward & Payroll
• To ensure a remuneration system that competes with the market through surveys and benchmarks and ensures internal fairness and equity using accessible information.
• Manage the performance appraisal system and ensure the adherence to it.
• QA/QC of the payroll information. The supervision and monitoring of the Payroll process: time sheet submission, over time, approvals, invoicing.
Policies and compliance:
• Producing a suite of Algeria Procedures in accordance with the HR agenda and the Algerian legislation that fit the purpose of the Project.
• Ensure that policies are distributed through the company and that policies are adhered to .
• Manage all online processes.
Training and development :
• To design and implement a succession planning.
• To design and deliver a coherent training plan that captures the needs of the project.
• To prepare the training budget and identify the potential providers.
Employees relations & External relations
• To develop a network of professionals within the industry and develop community relations.
• Address all Hassi and Algiers staff concerns; promote a positive employee relations environment through strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Counsels and advises employees, supervisors, and senior management in addressing interpersonal and behavioral challenges.
• Lead the Emergency response for the Algerian manpower and support for Expatriates response.
Advisory, planning and Reporting :
• To advise Client Management on the HR related issues.
• To ensure an efficient and fit for purpose HR annual plan (headcount, recruitment, training )
• To ensure a regular periodic reporting system of the HR ongoing activities to the management of the client in Algeria.Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• CIPD Qualified (Desirable)
• Proficiency in English and French
• Minimum 5 years experience in similar positions
• BA, MSc in Business Administration, Law, Psychology or Social Sciences
• Oil experience is preferable
• Experience with using MS Office and SAP