Our client is one of the world's largest integrated energy companies conducting business in countries all around the globe. They are engaged in every aspect of the crude oil & natural gas industry, including exploration & production, manufacturing, marketing & transportation, chemicals manufacturing & sales, geothermal, power generation, renewables & advanced technologies.The Role:
Coordinate and control all instrument maintenance activities in a cost effective and timely manner to ensure that production targets are met, while maintaining the technical integrity.
• Assist in the development of the Plant Operations Group.
• Assist / partake the Maintenance Training Programme.
• Monitor factors within the detailed design which have an operational/instrumentation consequence
• Provide Instrumentation Input to detailed design / construction contractor if required.
• Assist in development of maintenance procedures and practices.
• Assist in the optimisation of control room facilities and associated man machine interfaces.
• Assist in identification of equipment spares.
• Assist in operational readiness for handover from the Project team.
• Assist with the operations/maintenance team to optimise commissioning and acceptance of facilities from the project team.
• Input in to the Integrated Activity Plan
• Execute planned and corrective maintenance in an efficient, (cost) effective and safe manner in order to get reliable equipment, while maintaining technical integrity and to achieve the team targets.
• Maintain an asset register in respect of discipline.
• Maintain documentation: as build drawings, vendor manuals, etc in respect of discipline.
• Assist in the development of the Operations Group.
• Assist / partake the various Training Programmes.
• Direct the activities of the Discipline Technicians.
• Ensure the equipment and systems for which you have responsibility are fit for purpose and instigate corrective action as required.
• Submit required reports in a timely manner.
• Perform Emergency Response tasks as required.
• Control the activities of specialist vendor personnel as required.
• Work within operations budget
• Fill out PTW as applicant for activities executed by technicians when required.
• Adhere to and promote the safety and environmental procedures to ensure own safety, safety of personnel, of process plant and the environment.
• Respond to any emergency situation to provide first line emergency response in accordance with the emergency procedures and to assist local emergency services under direction of the Incident Controller if required.
• Control all work in their area of accountability through the implementation and compliance with the Permit to Work process so as to prevent any undue risks or unsafe acts.
• Conduct Toolbox talks with work crews with emphasis on hazard assessment and mitigation requirements.
• Report or communicate any abnormal condition or potential equipment failure that could cause unsafe operation or affect export product quality or quantity and take effective action as directed by the Shift Engineer.
• Carry out first line diagnostics on equipment and routine maintenance tasks within their specific disciplines (electrical/instrument or mechanical).
• Assist with the training of new shift members to be conversant with plant operating procedures and Permit to Work process.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS/SPECIAL CHALLENGES:
• Conduct on the job training and mentoring of local national discipline staff in the safe and efficient operation of production assets
• Conduct local national staff assessments and have an input into training records
• Maintain a flexible and positive attitude (especially with regard to the difficult working environment and highly focussed safety and security procedures)Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Fluent in Arabic and English preferred, although English only will be considered
• Middle East experience
• Discipline expert in oil and gas plant instrument maintenance (to include DCS control systems) with experience as an instrument supervisor
• Mentoring/coaching experienceDesirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Develop a highly competent and motivated work force. Prepare and archive staff reports, tasks and targets, development plans, training and leave schedules.
• Ensure HSE systems are in place before starting a job, ensure proper use of tools and PPE, conduct regular site visits, ensure competence of workers and awareness of relevant operational / HSE procedures (e.g. road safety rules, waste management, etc), advise workers on potential hazards, check safety equipment, notify management of unsafe working conditions, report and investigate HSE incidents, participate in facility inspections and HSE meetings. Develop, if required, additional HSE strategies for the Instrument maintenance team.
• Maintain a professionally operated instrument workshop.
• Be a member of the emergency response team as required.