Our major Oil & Gas Client is in need of a Materials Management Specialist 1 in Houston, Texas.The Role:
The position will report to the Materials Coordination Team Leader
within the GoM Materials Management Group based in Houston.
This position will be deeply involved in materials management and
materials control within BP’s Gulf of Mexico (GoM) Operations.
The position will be significantly influential in implementing and
sustaining materials management and control processes.
1. Support the integration of the Materials Common Process and
the Materials Control Process (MCP) into the operations teams.
2. Work with the Material Coordination TL to develop the annual
maximum value for the GoM storehouses.
3. Provide guidance and assistance to all operations related to
materials management, procurement and logistics issues, as well
as challenging all existing practices.
4. Assist in the reconciliation of newly completed projects and
establish equipment records. Ensure property records match
financial recordings in SAP.
5. Create and maintain SAP material records and ensure that
material transfers are prepared for equipment movements,
dispositions and abandonment’s.
6. Assist in vendor site inventories of GoM materials ensuring
visibility and challenge rationalization of surplus equipment. Also
assist with SVS consolidation efforts
7. Coordinate usage of surplus material on new projects or for
8. Ensure compliance, with established audit control points, of
COPAS, SOX and joint operating agreements.
9. Work with the Tax Department for annual Ad Valorum
inventories and valuations
10. Work with the SVS’s on full utilization of the Maetrax system,
ensuring timely updates of material movements.
11. Work with Inventory Team and SVS’s to determine FMV’s for
existing inventory and ensure that this information is loaded into
either the Maximo or Maetrax databases.
12. Work with the Backbone team on integration of the materials
management function within GoM and the integration of Matrax
information into Backbone
13. Special Projects as assigned