Our client is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with around 93,000 employees in more than 90 countries and territories. Their innovative approach ensures they are ready to help tackle the challenges of the new energy future.The Role:
General Position Definition
This position involves providing export support on the operation of a sulphur export facility. The job will involve to an extend influencing the design of the facility, but will mainly focus on developing and training an operations and maintenance organisation for this facility.
• Act as an Integrated Production Organisation (IPO) Operational interface representative within the EWRP (Eskene West Rail Project), involving the processes of re-melting, palletizing and loading of up to 4500 tonnes of sulphur per day and all associated rail movements to achieve targets .
• Ensure Operational issues are identified, analysed and appropriately addressed. Incumbent will be placed within the EWRP Project Team but, retain functional responsibility back to IPO (via Production Support line reporting) to ensure Operations and Maintenance are communicated and addressed. Initially based in the IPO office and EWRP EPC Office, eventually act as site operations representative for the construction phase of EWRP facilities and re-melting facilities within OPF.
• Actively be part of commissioning and start up of EWRP, as well may be in lead role during assigned phases. Act as the operations representative for all EWRP tie ins, technology selections, commissioning/SU for sulphur re-melt area and associated activities required in OPF on behalf of the project.
• Main Interfaces are the following
The job holder has to maintain effective relationships with HSE, Project (EWRP) Groups, Facility Engineering, Production Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, Contracting and Procurement, Asset Integrity group, RoK Compliance, Corporate Technical Authorities and Transportation and Marketing.
The job holder will liaise with external entities as instructed by supervision.
This may involve liaising with related partner representatives, contractors, vendors, RoK authorities through the appropriate Company departments, specialised companies, and technical institutes on studies, standards and contractual issues.
• The job holder is responsible for :
Provision of active support in the coordination between EWRP & sulphur re-melting facilities and Production & Maintenance (P&M) ensuring all Operational issues are communicated and subsequently addressed to ensure project provides an operation that will achieve production and export targets safely and efficiently
Developing a contracting strategy for the operations and maintenance of EWRP and sulphur re-melting facilities and drive the development of relevant contracts with the support of the contracting and procurement organisation.
Ensuring all railway system associated designs and activities are in place and that design will meet required objectives as per the Basis of Design for EWRP and the sulphur re-melting facilities
Provision of necessary support to Production Operations deliverables, technical notes, etc related to EWRP (as assigned) and the re-melting facilities within the OR&A Plan
Participating in the review of outstanding EWRP and sulphur re-melting facilities documentation and provide Operational input as appropriate (liaise with greater IPO organization for input as required),
Providing necessary leadership and input into all EWRP & sulphur re-melting facilities detail design and construction events such as, commissioning, start up, etc, - as lead Operational representativeEssential Skills / Qualifications:
Experience and Qualifications required
In order to process work permits in Kazakhstan the authorities require high education (min Bachelor level or higher). Applicants without these qualifications would not be considered. Your letter of references/experience should explicitly indicate work experience in an area similar to this job profile.
Qualifications & Experience:
A degree in an engineering discipline with at least 7 years operations and project experience, or in the absence of a degree, at least 10 years experience in an operations and project environment;
Proven experience in rail loading and rail movements for sulphur, mining products and/or hydrocarbons and preferred;
Experience of managing and resolving the problems and issues faced in designing and executing a project to a set Operating and Maintenance Philosophy;
Experience of working in high H2S operations;
Fluent written and spoken English, including a good understanding of technical Englis