Our Client, a major international owner/operating company, seeks expertise for their Offshore developments in Atlantic Canada.
This opportunity is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only. First Consideration will be given to residents of Newfoundland & Labrador.The Role:
The Senior Procurement Analyst will work within the Offshore Upstream Procurement area to provide commercial expertise and support in the execution of the procurement strategy and related specific deliverables for the business area in accordance with the governing documents and processes of Client. The primary focus of the position will be to take the lead on various procurement and contract management matters, including but not limited to, developing and executing Expressions of Interest (EOI) and Invitations to Tender (ITT), evaluating tenders, contract award recommendations, contract negotiations and execution and contract close-out.
• Development of procurement and contracting strategy in cooperation with business area
• Provide procurement support to Offshore Upstream operations based upon a sound understanding of the procurement strategy for the business area.
• Procurement strategy implementation and execution
• Bid issuance, clarifications, analysis and recommendation
• Working in a cross-functional team to represent commercial requirements
• Contract negotiations, award and formation
• Single/sole source recommendations as required
• Market analysis and analysis of supplier performance
• Management of HSE pre-qualification, Integrity Due Diligence and CSR responsibilities
• Development and monitoring of KPIs and supplier performance management
• Coaching and mentoring colleagues
• Liaise with Suppliers to ensure responsibilities regarding Canada-Newfoundland Benefits (local content) reporting are met.
• Work with joint venture partners on joint initiatives.
• Understanding and incorporation of risk management and risk control related to third party agreements.
• Execution of Framework Agreements, call-offs and individual contracts for on-site purchases
• Liaise with Calgary purchasing group and relevant Category Managers.Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field Note: a combination of education and related experience will be considered
• Relevant Offshore Oil and Gas Supply Chain experience
• SAP experience or equivalent ERP system experience
• Strong understanding of contract law and contract management including legal terms and risks
• Experience in planning, executing and managing large service agreements as well as the purchase of goods and materials.
• Ability to manage large workload with numerous demands occurring at the same time.
• Solid understanding of Canada-Newfoundland Benefits (local content) legislation and requirements.