Our global leading client is seeking highly skilled, experienced & capable contract international employees to work on a large multinational complex oil & gas project.The Role:
Our client is seeking an experienced Subsea Jumper Design and Fab Engineer who will report to the Jumper delivery manager in the onshore support team that will support the project installations and associated field developments.
The successful applicant will be based at the Fabricators site offices in Angola, with occasional offshore visits may also be required.
This role is a site based role in the Subsea Operations Team based in Soyo in Angola, reporting to the Jumper Fabrication lead and is primarily focussed on the optimisation and supervision of the jumper fabrication activities
• Play a leading role in the promotion of an excellent HSE culture, and demonstrate Clients Angola’s commitment to achieving and maintaining the highest possible standards of HSE.
• To establish and maintain positive relationships within the subsea operations team and with key Contractor personnel.
Working in conjunction with the FMC and fabrication contractors key personnel
• Optimize fabrication sequences on site, to minimize fabrication times for the well Jumpers, whilst maintaining the highest quality standards in the fabrication process.
• Provide detailed analysis highlighting fabrication progress, assess trends, identify areas of concern, and opportunities for improvement in the Contractors performance.
• Monitor all aspects of contractor’s planning and scheduling operations and ensure that adequate FMC and Sub-contractor resources (labour, tools, consumable materials, and equipment) are on-hand at a time which supports the fabrication schedule.
• Hold regular meeting with the contractor’s key members to review the progress and resolve the conflicts
• Manage and supervises the site construction inspectors to ensure adherence to construction contract documentsEssential Skills / Qualifications:
The role requires the successful candidate to have broad construction industry experience and possess knowledge of the fabrication of subsea jumpers, manifolds and connector systems. The ideal candidate would be experienced fabrication supervisor and the following,
Operator experience, or a Contracting company engaged in construction activities.
• A degree in an engineering discipline and Chartered Engineer or equivalent status
At least many number of years diversified experience in oil and gas industry in the fabrication field with at least certain number of years in a senior supervisory position on a fabrication site.
• A detailed knowledge of fabrication techniques, welding, testing and coating techniques, and the asociated equipment, processes and procedures.
• A detailed understanding of quality management systems and their application processes.
• A detailed knowledge of project planning principles & applications,
• The ability to identify, analy