Accessibility Links

Total begins construction of solar power plant in Japan

08/10/2019
Like  

Follow

Total Solar International have announced the construction of their third solar power plant in Japan.

116,000 panels will make up the Miyagi Osato Solar Park, producing up to 52 megawatts of clean energy
(Image via Total)

The Miyagi Osato Solar Park is a large scale solar plant with a 52 megawatt peak (MWp) - enough to supply power to 15,600 Japanese homes. It’s expected to start up in 2021.

“The Miyagi Osato Solar Park is Total’s third and biggest solar plant in Japan, which will allow us to reach a cumulated capacity of over 100 MWp in the country. This project is in line with Total’s commitment to develop renewable production capacities worldwide and in particular in the Japanese market, where we actively pursue our development,” said Julien Pouget, Senior Vice-President Renewables at Total.

The plant will use 116,000 SunPower® Maxeon® high efficiency solar panels, which the manufacturer claims are designed to withstand harsh conditions and deliver more power than conventional solar cells.

The plant will be operated by Miyangi Osato Solar Park G.K., a special purpose company majority owned by Total’s solar subsidiary, Total Solar International with a 90% share. SB Energy Corp., a Japanese subsidiary of SoftBank Group, hold the remaining 10%.

The Miyagi Osato solar plant is Total's third and largest solar facility in Japan, bringing their cumulative total capacity to 100MWp in the country
(Image via Total)

This construction follows the beginning of operation of Total Solar International’s two other large-scale solar plants: Nanao Power Plant (27MWp), which started up in 2017, and Miyako Solar Park (25MWp), which started up in 2019.

Work on upcoming renewable energy projects

Fircroft recruits engineering and technical professionals for the renewable energy industry. Register with us today to find out about the latest job opportunities.

Add new comment
*
*
*
By commenting on this blog you're agreeing to our terms of use

Comments left should relate to the subject of the above blog. Unfortunately job applications cannot be accepted here.

For job enquiries and applications please use our job search and for technical or account queries please contact us.
Total begins construction of solar power plant in Japan - Time to read 2 min
Share this article
Like  

Follow

Back to Top

By clicking "Save" you consent to
receiving matching jobs based on the
job/page you are viewing by email from
Fircroft, as detailed in our privacy policy
Fircroft would like to keep you up to date with our current vacancies and latest company updates via email. Occasionally Fircrofts marketing may contain 3rd party or affiliate information, however we will not share your personal data with any 3rd parties without your consent. From time to time, we might contact you to get your views on the service you have received. To help you get the best out of Fircroft, we may personalise them based on your location and how you use fircroft.com
Fircroft would like to keep you up to date with the latest company updates and vacancies via SMS / Text messages
Your consent options above means that Fircroft cannot contact you about any new or alternative career vacancies. If you want Fircroft to only contact you about the role(s) you have applied for please continue, however if you would like to be considered for other positions please allow us to contact you by changing one or more of the above consent.