We are looking for an ICSS Engineer for an Operator in order to work on FEED phase of a new Uganda project.
The role is based in Paris with mission in London.
We are looking for a French speaker.
- To follow up and supervise the three Contractor's instrumentation & control system team activities during the FEED phase 1 and FEED Phase 2 of a Uganda Project.
- To ensure that the design and construction of BULIISA facilities comply with COMPANY's Optimum requirements for Instrumentation & Control Systems and for Cybersecurity.
- To deliver a design that meets the requirements of the project in safety, reliability, operability and maintainability throughout its 25 yr service life.
To participate in review of engineering studies during the FEED phase of a Uganda Project with regards to Instrumentation & Control Systems discipline, Cybersecurity discipline and particularly:
- To review, comment and where applicable approve technical documents prepared by FEED Contractors, in order to ensure compliance with Project Technical Referential
- To supervise and promote cost-saving solutions in the instrumentation and control system design
- To participate in technical meetings as appropriate.
- To provide support to the Lead Engineer and Engineering Manager in presentations and preparation of reports with regards to Instrumentation & Control system discipline and Cybersecurity discipline.
- To participate in HAZID's, HAZOP's, Design Reviews etc
- To monitor the interfaces with all disciplines in relation to Instrumentation and control system disciplines
- To review and prepare responses to Technical Queries and Technical Deviations to COMPANY's Optimum Requirements related to instrumentation & control systems and Cybersecurity discipline
The ICSS Engineer will provide such deliverables as:
- Reports on documents reviewed
- End of FEED report
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
At least 15 years as an instrumentation and control systems specialist within the oil and gas industry. Experience of working with Engineering Contractors in a development role.
Fluency in English and French (speaking and writing) mandatory.
Understanding of the design aspects of other engineering disciplines including process, safety, electrical, and telecommunication.
Experience to determine instrumentation requirements from Project Documentation (PID's, instrumentation datasheets, control narratives).
Work collaboratively with FEED Contractors to achieve alignment on strategies and documentation required to achieve objectives
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.