makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world's best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly.
Performing electrical and test software preparation, integration, subsystem and system tests within a manual and automated test environment on bespoke non-flight and flight spacecraft hardware and software. The candidate will join a team of 6 engineers working. This is a multi-disciplinary role writing test scripts, preparing and test products and operating.
Shift work may be required. The information below is indicative of the more common shifts and their allowances.
Probable shift pattern for this placement initially will be either;
- Shift early 06:00hrs to 14:00 hrs for which 20% uplift is paid
- Shift late 14:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs for which 20% uplift is paid
The candidate will be required to travel to other UK and International sites.
* Review and interpretation of electrical test requirements
* Production of test procedures and reports
* Perform electrical integration and automated tests at unit, subsystem and system level
* Development of ATP using bespoke high level test S/W language for test and test control
* Develop scripts using LINUX scripting tools to automate operation
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Familiar with use of various test equipment, DMM, oscilloscope, signal generator, logic analyser, data bus monitors etc.
* Experience of writing software scripts for execution of the test and control of the test environment
* Theoretical and practical knowledge electronic testing within an automated test environment with competent software skills
* Experience in a bespoke test an manufacturing environment within electrical/ electronic industries
* Experience e of Quality Control to EN9100
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Spacecraft electrical knowledge, subsystem technical knowledge
* Experience in soft/hardware compatibility testing
* Electrical fault, investigatory and diagnosis experience
* Understanding of OS: WINDOWS, Unix, Linux
* Awareness of cleanroom disciplines
* Knowledge of and experience in a model based development and verification environment
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.