Our Client was awarded an Engineer, Procure, Construct (EPC) contract for a high reliability six train ASU, with associated world scale cryogenic storage. This will be the largest EPC project that our client has ever undertaken globally, with a value far in excess of $1 billion, and construction man hours in excess of 14,000,000. Engineering and procurement have been under way since early 2015, and construction activity has started.
* Reporting directly to the Site Project Manager with a reporting line to the Construction General Manager
* Responsible for
* The successful execution of all the site construction works in accordance with the project schedule, cost and other KPIs.
* Overall responsibility for the construction work
* Overall responsibility for safety on the constructions site.
* The direct management of a team of Construction Supervisors and supporting services as defined in the project organisation chart.
* Maintain a strong and effective professional working relationship with the AP Project Management, Client, interfacing EPC's, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders
* Maintain an open and effective communication channel with the site project team, Site Project Manager and with the Offshore Senior Project Manager
* Represent the Company in meetings with the Client, interfacing EPC's, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders. Lead meetings and record minutes of meetings as required.
* Manage the Client at the Site
* Support the interests of the (Offshore) Senior Project Manager at the site, in particular in relation to safety, security, cost optimisation and management, and schedule control
* Support and promote the implementation of the Project Safety, Security and Quality plans
* Support and promote the implementation of the Project Execution Plan
* Provide strong leadership and coordination to ensure the site team is working effectively to achieve the project KPI's. Identify and address risks and issues, escalating to the Site Project Manager and Senior Project Manager as required
* Provide leadership to ensure prompt prioritisation and coordination of all unforeseen issues at the site, escalating to the Construction General Manager, Site Project Manager and Senior Project Manager as required.
* Manage all expenditures at the site in accordance with Company and Project Procedures, and Delegation of Authority
* Manage time capture and approvals for all reimbursable supervision team resources as required
* Manage the site assets and maintain the associated Asset Register
* Deputise for the Site Project Manager when the Site Project Manager is not at site as required
* Write regular progress reports as required by the Site Project Manager and Offshore Senior Project Manager
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
* Appropriate engineering degree
* Strong construction management experience of large multi discipline sites
* Experience of executing Bill of Quantity construction contracts
* Team Player
* Strong communicator written and oral
* Strong and effective leader and coordinator
* Organised, disciplined, able to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities and parallel tasks
* Strong Microsoft software skills, particularly Excel
* Strong report writing skills
* Middle East project experience
* Experience of working on camp based construction sites in remote Middle East locations
Experience of working in multicultural project teams
* Strong negotiating skills
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
* Saudi Aramco experience
* Industrial gas construction experience
* Air separation construction experience
* Experience of constructing multiple repeat train projects
* Experience of managing construction on behalf of the client rather than through an EPC
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.