Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Support the activity owned by Powertrain Test Department designing the rigging kit parts/assemblies or any bespoke tool. Own virtual validation in term of functionality and/or durability. Define and maintain the systems documentation including the bill of material, the assembly specification and calculation reporting.
1. Project Delivery:
- Ensures the design and virtual validation of the rigging kit are completed to the defined timing and quality to support the related test or activity.
- Define solutions respecting the budget forecast and minimizing the part variant requested.
- Ensure clear communication with the senior Engineer in the Facility Team and with the customers to be sure the solution is matching the request in term of technical content. Review the solution with the Technicians Team Leader and H&S Rep. to be sure the design is considering ergonomics and safety factors.
- Deal with part suppliers to define the technical specification requested
- Supports any change to test requirements, facilitating the prioritisation of design activities and any conflicts arising
- Ensure traceability through detailed documentation/reporting of all activities.
2. Technical Capability and Capacity:
- Works with the Functional Managers of the Powertrain Test Departments and the senior Engineer in the Facility Team, to ensure that technical capability is developed to support the Powertrain test and engine build programmes.
- Develop strategic relationships/partnerships with counterparts in appropriate internal/external and VW group organisations
- Work closely with group counterparts to ensure to be aligned with the best practices in term of design for quality, design for assembly and design for cost solution.
4. Technical :
- Develop and maintain own specialist technical knowledge/capability to support the Powertrain technical strategy
- Responsible for managing own time effectively.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- CAD experience (CATIA V5 is essential) on 3D modelling and 2D design of Powertrain rigging kit for test facility.
- MatLab, CFD and FEM experience and capability are a plus to provide the basic virtual validation of the designed systems.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, appropriate to varying levels of roles within the business.
- Good organisation skills
- General PC literate: Microsoft Package
- Timing plan generation
- Standard Industrial Regulations
- Engineering or equivalent
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.