Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
This role is as an Electrical Test Engineer, responsible for the testing and validation of the Quiescent current on pre-production and production vehicles along group guidelines for Quiescent current requirements.
The IQ Test Engineer is required to plan and perform a suite of tests measuring the Quiescent current of vehicles in a variety of scenarios and conditions. Using specialized tools the engineer will record the required data and feed back to key stakeholders.
The engineer will be required to update hardware, software and parameterization on vehicles to the correct level and condition to support testing scenarios. IQ testing covers the full development cycle through until end of life and hence co-operation with wider areas of the business is required. This includes supporting with bespoke electrical developments, quality with validation and field issues, aftersales with aftermarket fitted component and external customers if required.
* Support planning of IQ tests by ensuring availability of required resources and active involvement in development of test specifications
* Understand the nature and capabilities of different testing properties (pre-production vehicles, production vehicles and Labcars)
* Preparation of testing properties with measurement equipment, including;
- National Instruments data loggers
- Power supplies
- Analogue shunt measurement equipment
* Prepare vehicles as above for sign off testing in extreme environmental conditions and at the limit of the vehicles capabilities
* Ad-hoc monitoring of production vehicles using previously mentioned measurement equipment
* Execution of pre-defined test specification
* Provide test results data to key stakeholders
* Fault finding if/when issues with IQ are found
* Annual calibration of test equipment
* Pre vehicle setup offset calculation
* Presentation of results to wider department
* Maintain contact with group counterparts to understand current test procedures, requirements and technologies
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Knowledge of vehicle communications networks and diagnostic protocols (CAN, LIN, UDS)
* Knowledge and experience of latest vehicle electronic systems
* Conversant with electronic hardware and software testing processes
* Able to demonstrate experience in vehicle testing
* Able to drive certain diagnostic tools. E.g. CANoe, CANape
* National Instruments Diadem software use for analysis and reporting of data, experience/knowledge of Diadem script writing would be a distinct advantage.
* Demonstrated experience working for an automotive manufacturer or relevant supplier in a product testing role
* Relevant knowledge and experience of vehicle charging and battery systems
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* A strong engineering grounding and an ability to understand and communicate electronic engineering issues
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Good project management, organisation and personal interface skills.
* Dynamic and proactive self-starter able to work with minimum of supervision.
* German language skills would be advantageous
* Good communication skills
* Flexible (able to work extra hours and to travel abroad as and when required)
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.