Our Client is the leading regional environmental management company with office globally. Due to recent expansion, they are currently looking to recruit a Technical Director with strong Waste Water project experience to be permanently based at their office in Qatar.
* Lead Process part of STP and advise O&M Department accordingly to meet final effluent delivery objectives.
* Support the Contractor Representative in the development activities to forecast improvements in order to increase plant performance.
* Support the growth and profitability of existing contract
* Act as Laboratory In-charge and lead QHSE department
* Lead Technical Department
* Lead processes of continual improvement with an objective of improving the efficiency, reliability and profitability of our existing operations as well as company contractual position
- Manage improvement projects based on the capabilities of local resources within company team and other resources (group or external)
- Ensure the implementation and improvement of support system and procedures
- Support the management of non day-to-day contractual issues on existing operations
* Reporting to General Manager
* Authorized to stop any Operation, Maintenance and Technical activity on site if it does not conform according to contractual requirements and safety and inform other senior management
1.3 Required Competences
* Sewage Treatment Plant Process expert with specific knowledge of Sequential Batch Reactor(SBR) biologic al process, UF plant and sludge digestion/dewatering.
* Proven Managerial experience in plant of capacity 200 MLD.
* Structured thinking, good technical report writing and presentation capabilities
* Ability to understand customer expectations as well as technical / business solutions. Ability to formulate clearly (in writing and verbally) how potentially complex technologies can bring simple and efficient solutions to clients. Ability to liaise in a non-hierarchical mode with other group resources
* Self-motivated, good planning and organizational skills and ability to work off own initiative
* Team player. Work involves taking responsibility of duty manager and res ponding to call after office hours/night and presence at site during emergency situations.
* Excellent communication skills both oral and written / Knowledge of other language is desirable
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
2.1 Required Qualification
* Bachelors degree in an applied science or engineering field
* Management qualification
* Proficient with MS Office
2.2 Required Experience
Minimum 10 years related experience in fields of O&M management, commercial development and technical / operational management
More than 5 years of managerial experience
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.