Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Apply functional skills, knowledge and experience within the AC&O discipline and work processes by leading, coaching, mentoring, reviewing and approving various AC&O designs and implementations.
1. Screen, evaluate and validate advanced control proposals for modifications issued by the business team. Challenge processes to optimize them, taking into account basic and advanced control techniques/measures and utilization.
2. Provide leadership in networking AC&O people outside Sadara. Identify, prioritize, and pursue technology development and acquisition for the company.
3. Oversee project troubleshooting activities as managed by engineers; propose control solutions to solve recurrent problems and issues.
4. Ensure that proper procedures and documentation are developed and maintained for the process automation AC&O area to support Sadara.
5. Ensure the team's compliance with all the company's environmental health and safety regulations and participate in investigating work incidents/accidents.
6. Participate in negotiations over the support provided by external engineering offices in advanced control processes.
7. Ensure that all principles, procedures and practices strictly comply with EH&S guidelines, regulatory and permit requirements.
8. Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor / manager.
1. Manage and oversee the day-to-day work performed by the Unit staff.
2. Ensure that all tasks and activities are performed in accordance with Sadara's policies and procedures.
3. Assess the level of skills of employees and identify the need for developmental programs.
4. Motivate, coach, develop and support respective employees.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Essential: Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
* ISC-CAP Certified Automation Professional or Professional Engineer licensed or registered.
* Experience in a supervisory or acting supervisory role.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.