Aerospace Quality Calibration Technician
UAE - Other
This vacancy has now expired.
A Major International Manufacturing Company based in UAE is experiencing rapid & continued growth and as a result are looking for a number of experts in the field to support operations.
To monitor and carry-out Calibration tasks in accordance with national / international standards to support the Plant. The Calibration Technician must have a background in ‘hands-on’ Quality Engineering and Equipment Calibration, in the Aerospace manufacturing area.
• Monitor and perform Calibration tasks in accordance with national / international standards that meets the Aerospace Requirements.
• Conduct incoming inspection on measuring equipments and tools.
• Verify and Calibrate various equipments and tools in accordance with national / international standards.
• Apply and adhere to relevant Calibration regulations to ensure the equipment is safe, accurate and operational.
• Administer the Calibration Database, maintain data, analyze and produce certificates.
• Develop and maintain calibration instructions for each measuring equipment and tool.
• Cary-out and complete corrective and preventive actions in agreed time scale.
• Implement best practices and develop high bench marking activities.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Knowledge of Aerospace industry.
• Knowledge of composite and metallic material characteristics.
• IT skills – Matlab, Excel, Word, Project, Access.
• HND or Degree in Quality /Engineering or related disciplines.
• Minimum 5 years extensive experience in area of Aerospace manufacturing (metal structures). This includes:
a. Mechanical – Dial gauge, Gauge Blocks, Plug and Ring Gauge, Screw plug and Ring Gauges, Micrometers, Length Bars, Measuring Machines, ext.
b. Torque – Wrenches, Screwdrivers, ext.
c. Pressure – Bourdon Tube Pressure & Vacuum Gauges, Digital Pressure Calibrators and indicators, Standard Test Gauges, Gas pressure, Hydraulic Pressure, ext.
d. Temperature – Liquid-in-glass Thermometers, Temperature indicators with probes, Oven thermal measurements, Chart Recorders, Autoclave Validation, ext.
• Experience on ISO 9001:2000 and/or AS9100.
• Strong technical background previously gained in a mechanical calibration environment.
• Practical experience in mechanic
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Customer Focus
• Problem Solving
• Commitment to Quality
• Planning & Organising.