Agile Software Tester
Our client is an innovative software and technology company dedicated to the needs of the transport industry.
Our client is currently seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and skilled Agile Tester to further strengthen their in-house software team
The primary requirement of your role will be to undertake component, system and/or integration testing of new and enhanced products, systems and applications, involving a range of functional and non-functional, manual and automatic testing, plus analysis and presentation of large data volumes.
They will be looking to contribute and to help shape progression with testing in an agile development environment, helping to implement test automation and other new and emerging QA practices - further improving both how and what they deliver.
In return for your contribution they are offering a competitive package; £35-40k per annum, generous holiday entitlement and benefits including healthcare cover. They will also actively encourage you to attend training and conferences to develop your knowledge and keep up with technology updates.
Key Elements of Role
• Production of test scripts from functional/technical specifications
• Identification of data requirements to support testing
• Preparation of test environments
• Execution of tests in a manner that minimises cost, time and undesirable impact
• Creation of automated test suites
• Raising of issues, defects, observations to highlight errors in the system under test
• Retesting defect fixes and regression testing
• Communication of problems and issues to the project team in a timely manner and of a quality to ensure fixes are resolved and turned around in a short space of time
• Production of testing guides and documentation
• Identifying innovative solutions to solve complex test problems
• Assist in training/mentoring of team members; testers, developers, and business analysts
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• 2+ years’ experience with agile development, DevOps, Test Driven Development
• Ability to work closely with Developers and other member within the Software Community
• Understanding of software development lifecycles and software testing principles; test plans, test cycles, and software releases
• Excellent written and verbal communication and teamwork skills
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• ISTQB/ISEB certified in Software Testing desirable
• Linux skills, including Bash scripting
• Understanding of messaging-based architectures
• Familiarity with JUnit (or similar) for unit testing
• Systems integration experience, especially in a high-integrity or safety-related area
• Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Build and Continuous Deployment Practice, Tools and trends
• Partner with Agile Release Train to plan for new functionality, resolve defects, and incorporate error injection test methodologies
• Some knowledge of software code development would be beneficial
• Ability to communicate automation goals, priorities, and status across the organisation