Oil & Gas
Qatar - Other
up to 5 years
Our client is one of the largest producers of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) in the Middle East.
The company produces a wide range of LDPE grades that are suitable for all thermoplastics processing techniques used for various applications. These include, food packaging, agricultural films, extrusion and coating lamination films, high-clarity films, injection moulding, cables, wires, foam and other products that are widely used all over the world.
For this position preference will be given to candidates already here in Qatar or in GCC region
Carry out preventive, predictive and breakdown maintenance for various process analyser systems, portable analyzers and laboratory equipment. Including carrying out various preventive maintenance and calibration checks of filed analyzers in accordance with established schedules and procedures/instructions, including calibration of transmitters, switches, flow meters, test equipment or any other jobs associated with analyser systems as directed by the analyser specialist.
• Carries out daily systematic checking, calibration and repair of a wide variety of analyser systems in company’s complex such as pH, Conductivity, thermal conductivity, analyzers, moisture, oxygen, H2S, Gas chromatograph, FID, IR, UV/Vis and emission monitoring systems. Informs any serious abnormalities as observed to analyser specialist for this advise and direction. Cleaning and painting of analyser system.
• Install, calibrate, inspect, test, monitor , troubleshoot and repair instrumentation control systems, to include environmental and process analyser systems.
• Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on Gas Chromatographs, continuous emissions monitoring systems, process analytical equipment and sample conditioning systems, process instrumentation and measurement equipment.
• Carries out fault finding maintenance and modification on ph. Conductivity, moisture, total sulphur, H2S, CO2 , So2, oxygen analyzers and gas chromatographs.
• Carries out routine preventive maintenance on analyser systems in accordance with established schedule and procedures/instructions, such as replacing calibration and carrier gas cylinders, sampling system filters and drainage of liquid separators.
• Have a working knowledge of DCS and programmable logic controllers.
• Take a lead role in identifying and troubleshooting complex analytical equipment problems, and developing technically sound solutions.
• Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and good maintenance practices using analytical and problem solving skills.
• Maintain all analyzers and associated equipment deployed in the operations/mainteancne laboratory.
• Carry out modification, changes and data collection of analyzers and sample system.
• Perform routine checks of sample handling system and follow gas cylinder replacement.
• Carries out loop checking, measures voltage, current, resistance and all other electrical parameters as and when required.
• Implements any other process analyzers related tasks as directed by the analyser specialist such as installation, replacement, start-up, commissioning, re-commissioning, benchmarking.
• Logs all works performed in the field, workshop, etc. in the log book on a daily basis and prepares the analyser calibration datasheet.
• Attends to all call out jobs associated with the plant during off duty hours (during night, week-end and public holidays)
• Ensures quality, safety and environment procedures and instructions established by the company management are applied and makes sure they are followed systematically.
• Ensures the proper care and maintenance of all tools, equipment and documents and that proper housekeeping is carried out in the work place after maintenance.
• Coordinates with Plant Operator/Supervisor and other maintenance discipline technicians/supervisors to effectively executed assigned jobs.
• Provides ideas for continual improvement and reports any near misses noticed.
• Read and interpret P&ID’s, one-line diagrams, loop diagrams, schematics, ladder logic diagram.
• Identifies materials and spare parts requirements by the use of SAP computerized system.
• Understand and promote safety policies and possess a strong commitment to personal safety.
• Performs other similar or related duties as required by the Maintenance management.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Basic qualification & experience
• 3 year diploma in instrumentation and control engineering
• 5 years of experience as Analyzer technician in petrochemical industry.
• Experience in calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of various type of analyzers, analyser sampling, gas chromatograph, moisture analyser and automatic control loop.
• Ability to use all analyzer related instrument tools.
• Knowledge of SMART instrument, field analyzers and familiar with International codes and standards.
• Shall be aware of proper maintenance techniques.
Language & communication skills:
• Ability to communicate fluently in English Language.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, technical manuals, and engineering drawings.
• Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals, PID’s and drawing.
• Good communication skills, customer oriented ability to work as part of a team focused on continuous improvement of
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Previous experience in Middle East will be preferential
• Experience in Qatar desirable