Oil & Gas
12 month rolling contract
This vacancy has now expired.
• Accountable for the day-to-day management of the Control of Work Process within their area of responsibility in the construction yard.
• Attend the site SIMOPS meeting and discuss all aspects of CoW within their area.
• Ensure compliance with the site Permit to Work and Energy Isolation procedures.
• Liaise with other site Area Authorities to identify potential SIMOP clashes and act as affected Area Authority for any activity that has an impact on their area.
• Liaise closely with the Preforming Authorities when planning permits; to ensure that the appropriate hazards and controls have been identified for that task.
• Confirm that all Preforming Authorities understands the scope and controls relevant to the task.
• Ensuring that an appropriate risk assessment has been performed for any task.
• Ensure all Prerequisite control measures have been put in place prior to a permit being issued.
• Approval of isolation design, coordination of isolation implementation, control of isolation and ensuring isolation is properly removed after completion of work.
• Ensure worksite inspections are performed: before, during and after completion of each task.
• Issue and revalidate permits.
• Ensure that permits are closed and job site inspected on completion of a task.
• Active participation in the site auditing system.
• Validate audit findings and implement audit actions.
• Ensure adequately detailed shift handovers take place.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Competent in communicating in English language.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Good inter-personal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of hazards associated with construction and commissioning of oil & gas facilities.
• Ability to apply and ensure compliance of site Permit to Work and Energy Isolation procedures.
• Ability to promote a culture to “STOP the job” if anybody feels unsafe.
• Ability to interpret and understand P&IDs, C&E, UFDs, PFDs, GA’s and other engineering drawings.
• Minimum Experience of Control of Work Systems in Oil & Gas industry.
• Proven track record delivering required role or similar within the Oil & Gas Industry.
• Equivalent Area Authority Control of Work experience in the oil & gas industry:
o Proven track record with regard CoW AA competence preferably on site, HUC or offshore site.
o Ability to design and implement process isolations
o Experience of in the use of Permit to Work systems and task risk assessment.
o Experience o
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Desired HNC/HND or similar. Consideration will also be given to candidates who demonstrate appropriate experience / work history. Area Authority competence.