Area Construction Coordinator - HVdc Specialties
Oil & Gas
Our client, a diverse Canadian Energy Company, plans new developments estimated at $12+ Billion over the next 5 years.This position is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only. Residents of Newfoundland & Labrador will be given first consideration for this position.
We are looking for 3 Area Construction Coordinators (HVdc specialties) to work in Muskrat Falls, Soldiers Pond and Churchill Falls sites in Newfoundland and Labrador.
As a Area Construction Coordinator with a strong knowledge of Electrical substations, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting with the oversight of construction activities and execution of the construction scope, including safety and environmental stewardship, support of contracts administration, quality control, planning, cost control, and progress reporting.
• Monitor the implementation of the health & safety plan, site labour regulation and/or site agreement with collaboration of labour relations and health & safety.
• Participate in job safety analyses, complete safety observations and inspections (including follow up as appropriate), and regularly participate in tailboard discussions.
• Conduct risk assessment with contractors and ensure control measures are implemented for high-risk works.
• Review the planning, organization and monitoring of site use of personal, materials, and construction equipment.
• Monitor the work progress in accordance with the project schedules and the terms and obligations of the construction contracts.
• Collaborate in the preparation of construction management instructions and ensure that the Area construction management team uses them to guide their activities.
• Work within the boundaries of existing labour agreements and provide input into any dispute resolutions.
• Support verification activities for contractor's payment certificates.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Diploma of Engineering Technology or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Extensive background (10+ years) in Construction management.
• Experience in contract administration, progress verification, and claims avoidance.
• Experience in high-voltage substation construction a definite asset.
• Previous experience building in northern climates / regions considered an asset.
• Strong background in industrial relations, with previous track record of successfully executing works within a unionized labour environment.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
The ideal candidate would have a strong Electrical (substation) background.
The candidate must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible to drive in Newfoundland and Labrador and be willing to work at large construction sites, on a 14/7 rotation.