Asset Business Lead
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
The role is to support the General Manager in ensuring that the key business objectives of the Asset are clearly defined and delivered. The role requires a focus on financial discipline as well as an ability to work with other members of the Asset leadership team to create opportunities for the business.
- The Asset Business Lead provides guidance in optimising value for the business and influences the main value drivers to improve performance. The Asset Business Lead works with the other members of the Asset leadership team to understand the trade-off between short- and long-term term performance and advises the General Manager and the team on the value of different options
- Managing asset and functional department financial reporting to include actual results, forecasts, budgets, long term plans, investment and operational performance, Asset/functional managers and teams, and UK Finance team
- First point of contact for the General Manager and the Asset leadership team for Finance support services
- Proactively seeks opportunities to remove value-destruction from the business; strong focus on cost control, along the full length of the supply chain
- Proactively seeks opportunities for value-creation within the business; strong focus on creativity and adaptability in a fast-changing business environment
- Coordinates the work of the dedicated Asset support teams for Finance and Supply Chain Management
- Representing the Asset and the Client Finance function in Opcom meetings
- Quality control of annual Work plan and budget, Reforecast, Life of Field Plan and annual partner budgets
- Responsible for understanding actual financial results compared to forecast and budget for reporting to Asset management and Finance Manager
- Responsible for preparing financial (opex and capex) and production reforecast compared to budget in the current financial year. Provide explanations to variances from plan and previous forecast for the purpose of optimizing business performance
- Responsible for coordinating asset and G & A budgets as well as life of field asset plans
- Ensure compliance with Client Capital Governance process and policies as prescribed in Joint Operating Agreements.
- Analyse and report in capital investment performance
- Responsible for Partner financial audits and ensuring claims are kept to a minimum.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- The candidate should hold a business or finance qualification.
- Experience in the oil and gas as well as other business sectors an asset.
Professional Skills & Experience
- Project management skills
- Relevant upstream oil industry experience. Experience of leading successful negotiations
- Understanding of upstream economics
- Has held a large company functional or asset finance managerial role
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
- Track record of leadership and delivery through others – bring clarity to the complexities of many competing demands and demonstrate an asset activity set to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Track record of collaborative and team working – good communication and engagements with all stakeholders
- Strong analytical and clear decision making skills - analyse problems, assess implication, develop ranking criteria, assess risk profile, determine action, and develop solutions, communicating intentions and progress to all levels.