Assistant Project Manager (Building)
Oil & Gas
A leading construction company in Malaysia
1. To implement all policies, activities, procedures, instructions, as relevant and required by the Quality Management System (QMS) and Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS).
2. To be responsible for the following scope of work:
2.1 Ensure safety on site.
2.2 Supervise contractor's quality of work.
2.3 Monitor contractor's progress.
2.4 Review & approve payment certificates.
2.5 Issue instructions to the Contractors
2.6 Prepare monthly and quarterly reports
2.7 Review and approve contractor's Submissions
2.8 Review material for each new project.
3. To implement construction policies, procedures and methods designed to attain the greatest efficiency, economy, safety, quality, client and contractor relations.
4. To participate in and guide constructability and construction planning in both the proposal and preconstruction phases for assigned projects.
5. To monitor project cost and provide Project Manager with timely identification of deviations from budget.
6. To ensure maintenance of daily records of all site activities, including information on labour and plant, and any non-compliant materials or workmanship.
7. To identify problematic design issues and make recommendations that support engineering procedure as well as ensure the construction schedule is maintained.
8. To establish a viable method of construction for all aspects of the work.
9. To undertake any and all other duties and responsibilities as so instructed by the Superior.
10. Everyone in the company is expected at all times to work together as a team, with each other in all departments / projects, to take initiatives to interact and to overlap duties where necessary and appropriate, in order to achieve optimal output for the company.