Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
Responsible for the administration, governance and service delivery of diverse pension plans to members, trustees and key business stakeholders. Lead and coordinate company-wide benefit programs and associated policies to support organizational attractiveness, employee engagement and retention.
• Manages the administration of the clients Plan (DB & DC Sections) on behalf of the trustees and the company, manages third party providers for administration and service issues, and attends regular meetings with providers to ensure effective and efficient resolutions are reached. Delivers governance and continual improvement.
• Acts as secretary to the Governance and Company Pensions Committees, promoting topics for discussion, preparing agendas, minutes and contributing to discussion and determination of relevant and current issues.
• Acts as secretary to the Pensions Consultative Committee, liaising with external third parties to prepare agendas and communications material. Coordinates twice yearly meetings with members, produces minutes and follows up company actions as appropriate.
• Coordinates the retirement process through provision of retirement illustrations and quotations, manages the early retirement approval process, coordinates death in service / ill health retirement issues and provides data to trustees to enable decision making.
• Deals with member queries through a variety of channels, for example pensions surgeries, held on client sites, and managing employee queries.
• Manages the policy on risk benefits, liaising with brokers to agree terms. Deals with individual cases, for example income protection claims and case management.
• Provides guidance and expertise to Country and Business HR Managers on projects, for example redundancy programs, benefit changes. Partners with HR Shared Services & Group to deliver projects and resolve major issues.
• Acts as lead on a wide range of pensions related projects as appropriate (e.g. Pensions Auto-enrolment, simplification of existing plan, DC administration provision).
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Relevant pensions qualification including QPA/PMI or equivalent, or working towards.
• Up to date pensions legislation knowledge and experience managing a service with a similar sized organization
• Strong technical knowledge of occupational pensions
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Experience of managing third party administrators
• Experienced in Excel and SAP HR for collation and management of data
• Experience of generalist HR and Comp & Bens
• Previously worked for a large global organisation with similar complexity
• Previous IE Pensions experience