Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Main Purpose of the Role
To provide a quality specification (in Bill of Material terms), aligned to the appropriate Product Description Book(s), to enable the business to plan, cost and manufacture the Company's product range accurately and effectively. The profile is split and encompasses two distinct platforms:
1. Project based.
2. Product based (current model platforms)
Scope of the Role
- Responsible for developing and maintaining BOM related technical knowledge/capability consistent with Systems and Processes as they are deployed or introduced.
- Responsible for delivering and maintaining accurate and coherent product specifications, for whichever project/product assigned. Will play and integral role in part release (project dependent). Accountable for the self-monitoring of data accuracy, and capable of generating Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) allowing total project/product visibility and thereby demonstrating both measurable and successful achievement.
- Responsible for the structure of both logical and maintainable, hierarchical Bill of Material specifications, including Configuration Management (where necessary) and the assignment of PR codes and or Feature Strings, to enable the successful transfer of data from the Production Bill of Material to the business manufacturing System.
- Accountable for timely part structuring for all aspects of build. This will embrace project Gateways, Milestones and Deliverables up to the production phase and beyond.
- Provide structure support for spares activity.
- Provide help and guidance to less experienced staff within own department.
- Self-motivated and flexible with good communication skills.
- Higher National Certificate or appropriate Engineering Degree, or extensive experience.
- Substantial working in Bill of Materials or Engineering Change Control.
- Relevant experience in the automotive industry would be a distinct advantage but not essential.
- Have a technical background and/or a good understanding of technical terms
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.