Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Major O& G Company
The position is responsible for guiding efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, controls and safety/security systems. This role will manage BOP Reliability, and set strategy and priorities. It will manage communications externally (Rig Contractor, OEM, Third parties) and internally (Asset team(s), Drilling & Completions Central Function). It will work with any trade associations, such as API, DWOG, and IOGP*. It will maintain an understanding of Drilling Contractor’s systems and processes, manage audits, and suggest improvements. It will also be responsible to source additional (external) resources as required.
*IOGP = International Association of Oil and Gas Producers
Take ownership of overall BOP Reliability Strategy and develop the roles and responsibilities for the team. The Coordinator will further develop the scope in of the existing BOP Reliability Strategy providing greater detail (for example, data analytics, between deployment maintenance, real-time monitoring, component failure analysis, Drilling Contractor Audit Plan) and prioritize the progression of these projects. Identify requirement for external technical support and develop the required network of support to deliver improvement results.
• Reduce safety and operational risk associated with BOPs; well control safety critical systems available at 100%
• Develop metrics to manage NPT, unplanned pulls, maintenance cycles, component failures
• Develop methodology for handling Root Cause Failure Analyses
• Develop, and execute, communications plan, internally and externally
• Assure vendor training processes and performance delivery to contract standards
• Establish standard work processes and methodologies to impact other projects and contracts
• Maintain professional presence with external organizations; integrate with and represent company in the IOGP BOP Reliability Task Force, BOP DWOG, API, etc.
Core knowledge areas
• Knowledge of BOP functions, controls, operations and maintenance
• Project management: ability to scope, schedule and deliver multiple projects regarding improvement of BOP reliability
• Ability to analyze, identify problems and recommend solutions (Root Cause Failure Analyses)
• Familiar with API and BSEE requirements related to BOP equipment
• Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
• Ability to communicate with senior leaders
• Strong decision-making, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently with multiple vendors, senior leaders and assets.
• Ability to apply Lean methodologies to position
• Min 5 years Rig Contractor or BOP OEM experience preferred
• Min 10 years Offshore experience preferred; preferably as subsea engineer/ supervisor
• Knowledge of barrier management
• Working knowledge of process safety relating to reliability, operations, and maintenance
• Working knowledge of Microsoft suite
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
For further information or to discuss any opportunities, Contact Hugh Nguyen at Fircroft on +1 713 235 8118