Oil & Gas
Position –Business Analyst
Reporting to the Functional Business Lead, this role provides input and support to the General Manager, HSE & Technical Services, and to his direct reports. The post will also contribute to a number of UK delivery project improvement initiatives.
The main area of responsibility will be supporting the General Manager, HSE & Technical Services, and the teams within this business area ? HSE, Asset Support, Asset Integrity and Business Services. The Business Analyst role provides a great opportunity to be directly involved in supporting the performance of our business through dealing with the financial aspects of this important group, providing a comprehensive business analysis service to the Technical Services team. This will involve providing financial interpretation of the Plan and forecast outturn, highlighting any necessary financial actions which may be required to ensure planned financial objectives are met. The incumbent will also be responsible for providing support to the Logistics Manager in the management and reporting of Logistics costs.
The post holder has responsibility for the maintenance of clients Resources UK?s Financial Authority Listing (FAL), ensuring timely and accurate updates, preserving the integrity of the financial authority delegations.
• Provide proactive support to General Manager, HSE & Technical Services, and his direct reports on all Finance-related matters.
• Perform cost tracking and forecasting for Technical Services G&A cost codes.
• Provide support to the Technical Services group in the development of SLAs, including the timewriting allocation basis and method.
• Provide proactive support to the Logistics Manager in the management and reporting of Logistics costs.
• Periodic review/update of the Financial Authority Listing (FAL) document, ensuring appropriate approval is obtained from income/ExCom.
• Maintain control of Financial Authority Delegations, ensuring delegations or changes to delegations are appropriately approved, recorded and actioned.
• Approval of DFM/Maximo Change Requests, reviewing and verifying changes to invoice and commitment routings requested by system users.
• Develop/maintain accounting policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
• Develop and foster close working relationship with the wider Finance team, Tax, Treasury, Commercial and Planning.
Education Attainment & Accreditation
• Ideally the candidate should be a qualified accountant or equivalent with oil and gas industry experience in a financial / commercial environment.
Professional skills & Experience
• Experience in an oil and gas environment strongly preferred.
• Strong aptitude for numbers and analysis.
• Business/commercial acumen.
• Proven experience in a fast paced environment.
• Proven track record of working well in a team environment.
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
• The post holder will be highly numerate, with strong analytical skills, self-motivated and require minimum guidance. Good communication, presentational and team working skills are essential.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Ideally the candidate should be a qualified accountant with oil and gas industry experience in a financial/commercial environment.
Professional Skills & Experience
Experience in an oil and gas environment strongly preferred.
Strong aptitude for numbers and analysis combined with strong excel skills.
Proven experience in a fast paced environment.
Strong PowerPoint and presenting skills.
Proven track record of working well in a team environment.
Interpersonal Skills & Qualities
The post holder will be highly numerate, strong analytical skills, self-motivated and require minimum guidance. Good communication, presentational and team working skills are essential.