Business Analyst/SAP IT Analyst
This vacancy has now expired.
Our clients seeks a BA/SAP IT Analyst to join their team in Houston, Texas!
This role will have two distinct and primary functions. The short term is role is a technical BA with the long term work evolving into an SAP IT PMO financial analyst role building common standards and best practices.
The project work will include interviewing business clients and gather requirements with the end goal of providing fully analyzed data and providing recommendations to identify gaps and overcome system, process, or other limitations.
Build the process instructions center of excellence and support project delivery through client communication, detailed thorough documentation.
• Strong SAP transactional finance background (10 years experience)
*no one with less than 5 years will be considered for this position
*system wide and not FI specific knowledge
• A high performer, forward thinking, self-directed and under minimal supervision
• Proven experience in an IT Business Analyst role and in business analysis methods/techniques/documentation (15 years experience)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
• Strong stakeholder management skills and experience in running successful workshops
• High level awareness of a variety of IT software development methods
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Be the liaison between the business, technology teams and support teams
• Client engagement and meeting coordination to gather requirements
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
• Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
• Functional testing use cases and gate check the overall user experience prior to UAT
• Log, track and retest found issues
• Provide assistance to team members by coordinating ownership of support issue escalations
• Improve product quality by identifying and documenting predominant customer issues which require assessment
• Take ownership of complex customer issues and provide application support
• Work independently to appropriately prioritize assigned workload and backlog while escalating issues to the next level as appropriate
• Obtain development and testing approval and sign off
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• SAP financial experience functional and technical
o PO, Work Order, budget analysis
• Understands relational database structures and current to future state mapping of design documentation
• Understand the Product Lifecycle and future direction for the supported products or product line
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Soft Skills for a successful candidate:
• Flexible with the changing needs of the business and shifts of prioritizations
• Outgoing personality
• Willingness to learn and work with all levels of experience
• Open minded attitude for out of the box innovative thinking
Finance experience building, executing and explaining financial data
• Strong, effective written and verbal communication skills
o Able to lead meetings, document meeting notes and track action items
o Collaborator mindset with the ability to find common ground among strong personalities
• Productivity focused
Nice to Have:
• CBAP Certification
• Experience with writing SQL queries for data analysis