Our Client is a first rate educational body with an end goal of educating, developing and inspiring the next generation of workers to the highest standard in order for them to enter the local working market. Our client operates in over 7 locations within Cumbria and has contributed monumentally to the local supply chain with 97% of apprentices going directly in to full time employment.
Location: Delivery across South Cumbria - Role location Ulverston.
Closing Date: Open
Main purpose of the job:
To carry out training & assessment for Business Support Services, including Business Administration, Customer Service, Team Leading & Management qualifications.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Ideally, applicants should hold a minimum of a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration and/or Management, in order to deliver support sessions & assess learner's work. Previous teaching experience is not essential as training will be provided. However, candidates must be prepared to work towards attaining a teaching qualification.
2. Functional skills support and feedback is an aspect of the role, so numeracy & literacy at level 2 is required.
3. Deliver training, carry out assessments and assess portfolio work up to and including a minimum of Level 3.
4. Carry out research and product development for new qualifications in line with customer demand and continuous improvement of the provision, including material for the virtual learning environment.
5. Provide high quality academic guidance and advice to ensure all learners have a productive and effective learning experience.
6. Demonstrate good practice in teaching, learning and assessment in line with company principles and strategy.
7. Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
8. Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of learning and maintaining records to monitor learner progress, achievement and attendance.
9. Ensure compliance with Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act and all other rules and regulations that govern the work completed for the company.
10. Provide pastoral care and support to learners.
11. Actively participate in team meetings and standardisation processes.
12. Undertake any such duties which may be specified from time to time, in relation to the role, by management.
13. Contribute to departmental working groups or committees as requested.
14. Maintain own continuing professional development.
15. Actively follow and promote company policies, including Safeguarding, Prevent Duty, Equality and Diversity.
16. Maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
The person appointed is likely to have the skills and experience listed below.
Essential: Excellent and up to date knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad business background enabling contributions to teaching programmes
Desirable: Understanding of teaching and assessing processes.
Essential: Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Competent in the use of ICT packages and programmes
Proven record of ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines
Car driver with access to a car
Desirable: Evidence of ability to teach and to supervise Learners
Essential: Assessor qualification.
NVQ L3 in Business Administration or relevant qualification.
Maths & English GCSE 'C' or above or L2 qualification.
Desirable: Diploma in Management or Administration
Membership of a relevant professional organisation
4. Previous Experience
Essential: Experience of working with