Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
MAIN GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This role is responsible to contribute to the delivery of the Business Plan of the company brand by contributing to cost down, total cost optimisation, quality and delivery improvements.
The secondary purpose is to source services (e.g. catering, cleaning etc.) in line with pre-determined cost and timing targets.
Delivery of financial objectives
- Cost reductions
- Accruals and purchase price variance
- Project targets
Delivery of projects
- Delivery of forward sourcing activity
- Timely decision making
- Controlling of supplier performance during launch
- Management of AEKO/ECRs
Support activities of cross functional decision bodies
- Local Sourcing Committee to make supply decisions up to the level specified in the relevant procedures and recommend decisions above these levels to the Group Pre-Meeting
- Supply Concerns Meeting to assure continuity of supply to Production in the right quality
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record in working in a Purchase environment.
- Demonstrable experience in a commercial environment, including complex contractual negotiations.
- Demonstrable experience in supplier management, supply chain management and negotiation.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business cross functionally.
PRACTICAL & TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- A proven track record concerning the financial management of external supplier spends.
- Broad technical understanding of automotive commodities is preferable.
- Understanding of Project delivery milestones.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering against challenging commercial targets.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience and preferably associated to a professional body (i.e Chartered Institute of Purchase and supply).
-German language skills would be desirable.