Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
The identification, nomination, development and on-going management of external suppliers, in accordance with business requirements. The negotiation and implementation of commercial agreements with suppliers for contracted parts within the area of responsibility. Ensure parts availability is within agreed targets, through the timely negotiation of prices, terms and conditions and creation of supplier contracts. Ensure purchase prices meet Aftersales business requirements, and develop annual cost reduction programmes in accordance with Client and group requirements.
1. Supplier Management
The day to day management of suppliers within the buyers scope of responsibility. Development and implementation of actions to meet business requirements in terms of parts availability, cost management and the mitigation of risk. Monitor KPI's in order to understand own performance and where necessary develop and implement activity plans to effect improvement.
2. Part Availability
Ensure that all purchased parts are placed on supplier contracts in a timely manner in order to maximise part availability and minimise customer backorders.
Ensure that parts required in support of the introduction of new vehicle and model year projects are ordered in accordance with project demands.
3. Cost Management & Business Planning
The development and on-going maintenance of an annual purchasing strategy and business plan to deliver the cost requirements and targets as defined by the Purchase Manager.
Preparation and presentation at Local Sourcing Committee to facilitate the discussion and cross functional support of purchasing decisions.
4. Cross Functional Working
To actively support cross functional working with Series / Group purchasing through the provision of information and attendance of commodity strategy meetings as required. Develop cross functional working with other Aftersales departments in order to maximise the revenue and service offering of the business.
5. Provision Of Information
The provision of information relating to the procurement activities undertaken by the buyer as required with respect to:-
* Part Concern Management System
* Supplier Database
* Business Planning & Cost Reduction Plans
* Supplier Cost Performance
* Supplier Lead time & Capacity
* Project Management and Status
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Experience in a purchasing or related role in the automotive or manufacturing sector.
* Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels.
* Experience in the implementation of procurement strategies to effect cost, quality and delivery targets.
* Some degree analytical and decision making skills.
* Experienced in negotiation and problem resolution.
* A second language would be an advantage (preferably German)
PRACTICAL & TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
* An engineering / manufacturing background is preferred but not essential however a good knowledge of products, processes and materials used in their scope of responsibility is required.
* Working knowledge of the I.T. systems and business processes used in the Aftersales and Purchase areas.
* Understanding and use of the techniques used in negotiations.
* A good level of computer skills principally in MS Office based applications
* Ability to obtain and collate appropriate market, supply and cost i
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.