Buyer (Parts Coordinator)
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Main Purpose of the Role
To facilitate the identification, evaluation and implementation of cost saving initiatives in line with Company Planning Round requirements.
Scope of the Role
- Plan and promote cost and weight optimisation idea generation events with Engineering Functions, suppliers and other company departments. Focus on initiating and managing further Supplier Workshops.
- Assess these optimisation initiatives for initial technical and commercial feasibility and coordinate activity across the company.
- Maximise Company benefit from Group PKO activities, through adoption of Group initiatives and processes.
- Accountable for the delivery of optimisation projects within budget and time to satisfy the company financial plans.
- Assist the PKO department with international business and language.
- Assist in the longer term education of the company to improve its cost and weight management techniques for future projects.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline
- Experience as an Engineer working on vehicle projects.
- Fluency in German.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of vehicle systems/features an engineer responsible for quality, cost and timely delivery in a new vehicle project, or as a Project Manager of smaller vehicle projects.
- Project management skills required to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and deliver PKO projects.