Calibration CAE Engineer - 48673
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a large Automotive and Commercial Vehicle OEM, with a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering on a contract basis. These opportunities are typically based in their research and development facility located in Dunton which is the largest automotive technical centre in the United Kingdom.
Calibration CAE Engineer:
- Provide calibration engineer support to the Powertrain Calibration & NVH (PCN)
- Calibration CAE & Optimisation Methods Team. Tasks: Lead, manage, coordinate and develop communication between other PT Calibration groups, gPCSE and component design teams as necessary.
- Lead development, documentation, deployment and continuous improvement including lessons learned of Calibration CAE best practices for process, methods and tools.
- Lead application of CAE-based calibration automation to other calibration features.
- Lead process initiatives to exploit PT Calibration DV efficiencies to reduce vehicle development time through increased use of HIL rig-based calibration and automation where possible.
- Provide training support to gPCSE software and Calibration development engineers, HiL rig development engineers and Calibration Technical Experts.
- Lead collation of program technical information for creation and issue of software and hardware requirements and targets.
Good knowledge of PCM hardware and electrical interfaces.
Detailed knowledge of dSPACE HIL rig configuration and operation including I/O interfaces and the Failure Insertion Units (FIUs).
Detailed knowledge of automation scripting via programming capabilities in MS Excel and Python.
Expert knowledge of dSPACE AutomationDesk and ControlDesk automation.
Experience with processing data and modelling in Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow beneficial.
Self-motivated with excellent team and leadership skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to produce reports and presentations appropriate for review up to Chief Engineer.
At least 6-months engineering related work experience aligned to education requirements listed.
dSPACE real-time systems / HIL experience. Automotive / Powertrain calibration experience.
MSc in Maths, Physics or MEng / MSc in Mechanical / Aerospace / Electrical / Mechatronics / Control
PhD in Maths, Physics, Mechanical / Aerospace / Electrical / Mechatronics / Control