Calibration Engineer - 30356
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
The Engine Management System (EMS) Controls department is responsible for the design & development of the EMS Electronic Control Module (ECU); including the ECU and associated Software functionality, for the full range of client products.
The role: The OBD Calibrator shall be responsible for the development, calibration and sign off of OBD functions within the Diesel Engine Management System (DEMS). The OBD Calibrator shall work under the guidance of the Lead OBD Engineer & Lead Engineer to deliver DEMS OBD solutions across all JLR products. The OBD Calibrator shall be responsible for the delivery of model year programmes across all vehicle platforms within JLR.
The role includes requirements capture, calibration development, software testing, validation and simulation of control strategies embedded into the DEMS to production sign off. This role shall provide excellent exposure to the delivery elements of PCS and building technical knowledge of DEMS OBD. The role requires building close working relationships within Powertrain, electrical, certification and manufacturing teams.
3 Key Skills:
1) OBD Calibration
2) Analyse and able to interpret data
3) INCA & MDA
- Time management and communication skills essential
- Must be highly motivated and able manage internal and external customer requirements and own deliverables
- After treatment controls systems experience
- Experience of embedded software
- Experience with EMS software specifications / mechanisations
- Working knowledge of INCA
- Strong understanding & application of design quality tools (DFMEA, Robustness, etc).
- Minimum 2 years in Automotive Engineering.
- Good analytical skills & PC literate.
- Good presentation skills
- Full Driving licence
- Knowledge of diagnostic trouble codes
- Able to analyse and interpret data to develop calibrations
- Matlab / simulink data measurement and analysis.
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of Concept and Delivery Quality Tool Sets
- Development and Delivery of DVP plans at system and component level
- Working knowledge automotive product delivery processes
Additional Information :
- Technical delivery of OBD calibrations across all JLR platforms on all model year programmes
- Develop and communicate functional delivery plans which are aligned with the generic calibration capability matrix and programme delivery timing
- Develop and maintain foundation documentation i.e. P-Diagrams, FMEA¿s, DV¿s etc
- Complete HIL rig and vehicle based testing of assigned OBD sub-systems within the DEMS
- Develop calibration solutions for all platforms
- Work effectively across the department with key stakeholders to ensure core calibrations are maintained and application specific calibrations are robust
- Demonstration of legal compliance for diagnostic monitors
- Provide regular visibility of progress to plan via sub team meetings, project reviews and technical reviews
- Deliver software and calibration sign off for final engineering sign off
This role will require someone who desires a challenge and works well under pressure. Travel between UK based sites will be required