C&E Project Engineer
Oil & Gas
Yorkshire and Humber - Other
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a multi-discipline engineering design company providing design, procurement, project and construction management consultancy services.The company is a flexible, responsive and pro-active business that has successfully delivered projects ranging from small-scale studies through to multi-million dollar new build programmes.
• Provide project engineering support to the site. This will include, but not limited to:
o Development of project scope.
o Development of project costs.
o Development of detailed design.
• Provide project management. This will include, but not limited to:
o Managing and ownership of capital projects and multi-discipline teams.
o Manage capital project’s “Golden Rules” to demonstrate compliance.
o Provide support and leadership to the EDO Change Engineers.
o Provide technical support to EDO Designers and Draught-Persons to allow development of capital projects in line with HMC’s guidelines and relevant standards.
o To maintain and improve asset standards to help maximise the life of the asset.
• Work with EDO project disciplines, Term Contract personnel and HMC’s staff to deliver capital & revenue projects on time, on budget, as per design intent and safety.
• To assist with the development of the EDO’s inexperienced Designers, CAD Draught-Persons and apprentices by training and coaching the individuals as part of their development.
• Follow Safe Systems of Work for daily activities, providing the highest HSEQ standards.
• Completion of projects as per EDO Form & Procedures flow chart.
• Cost control of all C&E aspects of projects to hit financial targets.
• Delivery of project to achieve “Right First Time” measure.
• Time management to deliver project as per plan.
• Perform level 3 safety audits of Term Contractors.
• Development and issuing of site instructions in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Pro-actively working with EDO teams, to assist with the co-ordination and execution of projects effectively to minimise impact on production assets.
• Lead C&E focused capital projects, involving other EDO and Term Contractor disciplines.
• Liaise with Term Contractors for efficient execution of projects
• Comprehend and implement local design guidance, UK Guidelines and British Standards, to demonstrate compliance to the Competent Authority (CA).
• Effective use of SAP, including continuous improvement of Bills of Materials ensuring that they are accurate & descriptive.
• Review critical spare requirements during project execution and manage initial store inventory.
• Take an active part within the sites EDO project process.
• To provide support to the Senior Engineers and Change Engineers.
• Manage development of C&E designs that satisfies project and site requirements.
• To mentor and aid in the development of the CAD draught persons and apprentices.
• To provide visible support during commissioning and after to the project and production assets.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years relevant engineering design experience in a similar role.
• Minimum HNC in an appropriate technical discipline.
• Understand HSEQ Standards & requirements and their application, through safe systems of work, to facilitate working on a Top Tier COMAH site.
• An in depth knowledge of the relevant engineering systems, equipment & procedures.
• A working knowledge of SAP and good computer literacy.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
• Aptitude to develop, follow & continuously improve guidelines, procedures and processes.
• Ability to liaise with technical staff at all levels and across all functional areas.
• High Standards of work with attention to detail.
• Strong organisational skills with ability to plan, schedule and co-ordinate work.
• Manage the effective project principles.
• Demonstrate capability to work effectively on their own or within a cross functional team.
• Be a self starter and have a pro-active approach.