Carbon Mechanical Technician
This vacancy has now expired.
makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world’s best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly.
To work from electronic work instructions and drawings to produce carbon fibre panels and assemblies. When required to support filament winding operations. To record information within appendices and on electronic production system. To work in accordance with Local, Company and Project specific methods and procedures including relevant cleanroom and cleanliness requirements.
Carbon panel layup and fitting, insert installation, Ty base bonding, final assembly activities, installation of grounding points skin to skin and riv nuts.
Structure assembly of complex carbon and metallic components and panels to close tolerances. General fitting and assembly cleats and brackets.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- The ability to work from drawings and electronic work instructions.
- Time served City & Guilds or equivalent qualification
- Job knowledge of carbon layup and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of satellite structure panel assemblies and methods and procedures used from the blank to the deliverable item.
- Experience as one or more of the following Carbon Laminator, Carbon Fitter, Air Frame fitting, close tolerance sheet metal worker, timed served mechanical technician.
- Working from detailed work instructions or similar, working to procedures with check points