CAT 3 Inspection Engineer
Oil & Gas
Grangemouth is a top tier COMAH site with a large Refinery, an ethylene cracker and several other major petrochemicals processes. There is a large range of process technologies and chemical hazards on site and many corrosion mechanisms to protect against. Refinery design and operation is dependent on measured and estimated rates of corrosion with inspection being a critical step in calculating remaining equipment lifetime.
Our clients UKAS accredited Inspection Team provide a service to develop, deliver and sustain a mechanical asset inspection strategy and capability for the Grangemouth Site to comply with the law and match business goals for integrity, reliability, timing and value.
Our clients Inspectors need to inspect a range of mechanical equipment as the ‘competent person’ defined in the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 in order to judge condition and fitness for purpose for further periods of service in accordance with National Design Codes and PSSR 2000. The work is undertaken as part of Shutdowns, Major Asset Integrity Projects and On the Run inspection programmes.
As an Inspection Engineer you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Prepare and review Written Schemes of Examination (WSE)
• Identify preparation requirements from the WSE
• Examination in accordance with the WSE
• Undertaking simple NDT — ultrasonic thickness checks, magnetic particle, dye penetrant
• Coordination of NDT providers for extensive requirements or specialist methods
• Preparation of clear reports, including photographs
• Assessment of deterioration
• Coordinating inspection of repairs.
• Participation in Risk Based Inspection studies
• This position reports to the Senior Inspection Engineer of a team of Inspection staff. For large shutdowns the inspector is required to coordinate their work with other inspectors. For repairs and fitness for service the inspector coordinates with functional engineers.
Candidates will need to have an engineering background and demonstrable experience of inspecting pipework and vessels on a high hazard refining and petrochemicals manufacturing site.
In addition the role requires experience of design, fabrication, maintenance and operation of all mechanical equipment types. They should also have good written and verbal communication skills; excellent eye for detail and an ability to follow procedures accurately.
• Candidates should hold HND/degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering