Category Manager II
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a leading global oil and gas operating company.
Responsible for procurement strategies and tactics for a focused product or service area, ensuring business requirements are fulfilled and value is optimized across multiple businesses. Also accountable for the overall development and implementation of sourcing strategies and supply market intelligence in their area of responsibility.
- Building, enhancing and managing the relationship with the business ensuring effective alignment of PSCM to the business strategies.
- Understanding the regional and global business requirements for third party goods and services;
- Builds and maintains profiles of supply market and key suppliers (includes both current and potential suppliers);
- Providing information and counsel to senior management on market trends, commodity cost drivers and cost control strategies;
- Establishing and communicating the vision and strategic direction for assigned categories;
- The development and execution of appropriate market sector strategies aligning the market to internal demand, ensuring approval/support from the business;
- Developing measures and monitoring annual performance and resource plans for the category ensuring that all enablers required are available to deliver the strategy;
- Strategic sourcing within their area of responsibility. Using knowledge of commercial contract law to guide the development and assessment of pertinent contractual terms and conditions;
- Employs financial analysis and economic modeling skills to evaluate supplier proposal pricing and develop flexible contractual pricing models which accommodate inflation, currency, scope changes, and other areas of risk mitigation and cost control;
- Works with relevant PSCM Specialists to implement sourcing processes across multiple geographies to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies;
- Provides on-going contract cost management and risk assessment;
- Championing and supporting the deployment of the appropriate purchase to pay solution;
- The management of supplier relationships;
- The development and implementation of supplier performance management strategies and measurement criteria for their market sector;
- Ensuring the PSCM common processes are implemented, used and continually improved;
- Champions company initiatives and promote compliance
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Minimum 3-5 years related experience.