Oil & Gas
Major O&G Company
Coordination of procurement and contracting activities required in performance delivery to the Global Project and Operations Organizations (GPO / GOO). The Specialist is responsible for the following categories comprising: Valves; Mechanical, Process Equipment Materials (MPM); QAQC Services; and Instrumentation Controls & Electrical (ICE). The role is part of GPO with multiple reporting line: Solid line to GPO Director for Equipment and Technology in Houston, Texas, with dotted lines to the Alaska GPO and GOO Category Delivery Managers residing in Alaska with most of the current support being that of GOO. The Specialist is responsible for the following categories comprising: Valves; Mechanical, Process Equipment Materials (MPM); QAQC Services; and Instrumentation Controls & Electrical (ICE). The Category Delivery Specialist will provide day to day support to the Alaska region business and deliver value through planning, strategy, sourcing and supplier performance management activities. The sourcing of goods and services will be from Company approved suppliers within the boundaries of approved budgets and in compliance with laws and regulations and reduce operational risk through efficient and effective delivery of demand plan through build and management of contracting & procurement plan (CPP).
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Education: 4 year university degree in Supply Chain/Procurement, Business, or Engineering
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders across multiple disciplines, cultures and geographies, across BP and with suppliers.
* Working knowledge of systems such as Ariba OneSource, Backbone and SAP.
* Professional PSCM qualification or equivalent.
* Previous work experience preferably in Oil & Gas industry market sectors
* Demand Management
* Post-award Contracting Management
* Contracting Strategy
* Negotiating and Influencing
* Supplier Performance Management