This vacancy has now expired.
Only candidates who already have the rights to work in Azerbaijan will be considered for this role”Principal duties and responsibilities:
Overseeing a safe environment for customers and staff by abiding with all the procedures and policies as established by both the Client and the Company. Responsible for managing all aspects of Business. To ensure high levels of clients satisfaction, excellent financial performance and management and to develop the Management Team. Set and maintain great operational standards. To manage, control and account for all aspects of catering resources in project in order to provide a great catering service. This includes food production, food supply, food storage, front of house service and accounting.
• Ability to manage own time and that of their subordinates.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
• Trade qualification in Catering although not a pre-requisite would be an advantage
• Minimum 5 years, demonstrated experience in Management, Hotel and Catering role within a large commercial multi service operation.
• Efficient understanding of departmental budgeting and daily costing management processes.
• Efficient leadership, organizational and communication skills.
Health and Safety
• Adhere to health, safety and security procedures of the Client and Company.
• Deal with emergency situations in accordance with Company and Client policies and procedures.
• Ensure and promote Company of No Harm to our People.
• Proactively provide feedback to management regarding hazards in the workplace and any other health, safety and security issues which may have impact on Company business.
• Proactively provide feedback to ESS-AZ and Client Management regarding hazards in the workplace and any other health, safety, and security issues which may have impact on Company business.
Send daily reports to HO
Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents in order to verify product quality and quantity.
Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food in order to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions in order to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel in order to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety.
Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems and evaluate employee performance in dining and lodging facilities.
Review menus and analyse recipes in order to determine labour and overhead costs, and assign prices to menu items.
Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services such as waste removal and pest control.
Establish and enforce nutritional standards for dining establishments based on accepted industry standards.
Plan menus and food utilization based on anticipated number of guests, nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs.
Create specialty dishes and develop recipes to be used in dining facilities.
Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions.
Motivating and retaining staff in a happy and productive working environment
Create, develop and maintain a database for HACCP and a quality management system, including work instructions and quality specifications. Maintain document control and accessibility for all staff at all times.
Consistently delivering all orders, to customer specification, on time
Ensure all mishaps / errors/ disasters are fully investigated to their root cause, lessons are learned, and appropriate corrective action is taken and communicated across all shifts to avoid expensive recurrences
Ensuring standards of hygiene would at all times exceed the most stringent audit, and entirely satisfy any visiting customers and/or enforcement agencies
Proactive and effective cost control to budget
Conduct a weekly Hygiene Scoring Report to measure hygiene performance
Effectively manage internal and external customer audits to gain approval
Ensuring the training needs for all staff are met
Insisting on safe practices in all areas of operation
Maintaining standards of discipline
Management of FM budget and focus on cost control.
Communicate and functionally report to the Head Office on a daily basis.
Ensure that only authorized personnel use the facilities provided.
Carry out regular informal visual checks of Company accommodation on the quality of housekeeping ensuring that standards are met.
Carry out the overview and co ordination of Catering functions at the request of the Head office. Interface with company management essential on all catering issues.
Ensure all equipment is kept in good working order and is kept in a clean and hygienic condition.
Responsible for the safe and secure keeping of all premises within your area of control.
Maintain an up to date assets register of all equipment.
Manage all the activities of the bond as per company standards and procedures.
Ensure that the bond and any storage areas are kept clean and comply with all health and safety regulations.
Ensures that all the Companies HSE procedures, rules, reports and documents are proper implemented and monitored.
Carry out all the required documents and reports concerning stocks control (food daily consumption, inventories, deliveries, food orders, etc).
Ensure that all the storage facilities are cleaned and proper organized following the company requirements.
Ensure a proper physical stock segregation (distribution on the shelves, shelve life, FIFO, etc).
Overseeing staff welfare, training and succession planning.
Carry out the time sheet of the staff, report any problem with the staff such as bad behavior, absenteeism etc, to the Head Office.
Performance review meetings as and when required by client.
• It is at all times required to appear in a suitable manner/ Corporal hygiene must be irreproachable/
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at designated places as dictated by signage or instruction/
• Appropriate uniform must be worn according to the job requirement
• Training courses and meeting attendance by the manager’s request. Follow professional etiquette with the customers. Clean and neat uniform is required to wear during the working hours.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Computer literate.
• Good financially/contractually skills.
• Hold a professional qualification in either a finance or managerial discipline.
• At least 5 years successful achievement within hotel/catering services supervision.