Our Client is a prestigious manufacturer of sports and racing cars. The company designs and builds race and production automobiles of light weight and fine handling characteristics.
- To be responsible for all Body Engineering work. This means design quality, release timing, and support to other divisions e.g. purchasing, manufacturing, quality etc. as required to ensure the high quality of all products.
Reporting to: Sector Head
- Contribute to, write and approve the vehicle technical specifications, and the component technical specifications.
- Ensure the proper release of body parts in time and within specifications.
- Ensure proper manufacturing and cost engineering assessment for body parts.
- Ensure proper design validation through testing.
- Ensure the technical operation of BIW Engineering work within the overall programme requirements.
- Implement the Company Product Introduction Plan.
- Ensure professional relationships with our suppliers, including selection and management.
- Support the AMP as appropriate.
- Responsible for creation and management of the function group's overhead budget, as appropriate.
- Staff recruitment and management as required to achieve the programmes to time and budget. This will be achieved through:
Rapid response of the team to issues as they arise
Technical excellence in all aspects of design and engineering work
Timely provision of technical deliverables within projects
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- HND level or equivalent.
- BIW Design, demonstrable ability to take Body from clean sheet of paper to production.
- Recognition of good design practise.
- Direct experience in Product design.
- Must demonstrate good leadership qualities.
- Passionate about cars, sports cars in particularly.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Degree / MSc / Ph.D
- BIW Design and CAE, Test and Development
- Vision for concept creation and detail design.
- Experience in all aspects of engineering including CAE and development, DVP planning and product validation.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.