A leading global engineering consultancy currently involved in a number of high profile rail projects.
We are looking for a passionate, commercially aware Railway Civil Engineer with sound technical knowledge to be an integral part of our civil engineering team
The purpose of the role is to ensure the successful delivery of technically excellent multidisciplinary rail projects and bids across our client's UK portfolio, you will be responsible for, and typical activities will include:
* Determining the civils design requirements from our client brief making sound decisions to produce the right design solution;
* Producing the required civils design for multidisciplinary design teams on large or medium sized projects;
* Checking the civils designs and calculations within enhancement and renewal projects;
* Sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation across our business, providing guidance, training and feedback with other related disciplines and skills, locally and across the UK;
* Creating designs that are right first time and support our creation of a culture of quality;
* Identifying and eliminating or mitigating risks during the design process and producing deliverables that support the Safe By Design process. Producing focussed and quality designer's risk assessments;
* Managing your own personal development utilising our in house and external training opportunities, with the freedom to work independently.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
* Experience of managing small teams i.e. CAD technician and engineer;
* Commercial awareness, delivering on time and to budget, identifying change;
* Experience in undertaking site surveys / site visits and reporting on asset condition;
* General civil infrastructure design including drainage, utilities, highways
* An appropriate Civil Engineering degree or equivalent qualification;
* Ideally, a member of the ICE or similar working towards chartership would be an advantage.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
We are also looking for a more senior Railway Civil Engineer, ideally with CRE (contractor's responsible engineer) experience, client interfacing and managing large teams.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.