Civil/Structural Discipline Engineer
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client, a mjaor Owner/Operator, is seeking an Civil/Structural Engineer for Alberta projects.
• Provide Civil/Structural Discipline Engineering support to projects developed and executed by the Upstream Americas – Onshore Projects team.
• This position will support Oil Sands as well as Upstream Americas gas projects.
• Key aspects include delivery of safe, reliable, fit for purpose, innovative and cost effective designs through oversight of Engineering Contractor discipline engineering personnel, design activities and deliverable development.
• Provide technical assurance of Civil/Structural related designs through appropriate application of technical standards and specifications, implementation of Discipline Control and Assurance Framework and review of critical Engineering Contractor design deliverables and activities.
• Provide guidance and assistance to Engineering Contractor discipline engineers in resolution of technical issues, including provision of Operations and Maintenance and Integrity experience and constraints.
• Ensure schedule and cost considerations are included in design decisions, while maintaining primary responsibility to assure safe and appropriate quality designs.
• Ensure Civil/Structural related activities are executed in alignment with Owner/Operator's Project Delivery Roadmap, Opportunity Realization Process and HSSE Standards.
• Develop strategies/conceptual designs during early project phases
• Audit construction field activities for compliance and assist in resolution of field non-conformance issues.
• Design and develop, as required, innovative technical approaches to Civil/Structural issues and contribute to continuous business improvement initiatives (fit for purpose).
• Ensure Lessons Learned, Human Factor Engineering (Ergonomics) issues, Flawless principles, quality assurance and constructability are considered during all aspects of rotating equipment design and specification development. Provide feedback and recommendations for DEP improvements.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
BSc Engineering and at least 10 years experience in a Civil/Structural Engineering role. Preference for Alberta Oilsands and Gas experience.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Prior experience with working with Owner/Operator standards and work processes would also be an asset.