Cluster Pump Station (CPS) Operations Advisor
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
A major international oil and gas operator.
The purpose of the CPS/ OA position is to develop organisational capability, and rigor in core operations activities. A measure of success in the role is what the CPS/OA has enabled others to do well, enabling strong, trusting relationships to be developed between the CPS/OA and the national staff. Development of effective working relationships is a fundamental requirement of the CPS/OA role.
The position is field based across the 5 Cluster Pump stations, returning to HQ in the afternoons for planning, coordination and management meetings,
Core CPS/OA deliverables include:
• Coaching and field based leadership on back to basics e.g. LO/LC, procedures, routines, CoW, operating within safe operating envelope.
• Review and continuously update Operating procedures.
• Implementation of day to day priorities across maintenance and operations; facilitating activities on required basis.
• Implementation of monthly operational deliverables.
• Defining and implementing TAR isolation and prep procedures, CoW implementation.
• Day to day management of product quality, -Assist in Root cause analysis and ensure corrective actions are implemented as per target dates
• Detailed support of equipment construction and installation including CoW, developing procedures for commissioning and operation, operator training support etc.
• Conduct periodical reviews of all processes, procedures and systems to ensure they are
Still accurate, compliant, effective and efficient
• Assist in solving practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Attend and contribute to daily management and safety meetings , ensure expats and local teams, understand the necessary details
• Frequently visits to work locations to ensure that Operations and Maintenance employees are operating and maintaining the equipment within established operating parameters and proven maintenance practices.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Building strong relationships based on trust with the Iraqi site teams are of fundamental importance. Interpersonal communication skills are critically important to the CPS/OA position, and should be demonstrably excellent.
- Wide range of operations experience including water injection in the reservoir Operations.
- Experience of supervisory roles in culturally and linguistically diverse working environments.
- Capable of working autonomously, and organising time and resource to achieve work deliverables to defined standards.
- Personal behaviours and work ethic that leads by example.
- Excellent broad range of relevant HSE knowledge.
- In depth knowledge of control of work systems.