CMM Audit Technician - 30774
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Programming & operation of a variety of measurement equipment within EMC Plant Quality. Providing an independent measurement service for the Wolverhampton EMC site, across the machining and assembly areas, including blocks, heads, cranks and supplied parts. Supporting investigation activities for process, tear down, supplied parts and warranty. Support the implementation and monitoring of the department's compliance with corporate initiatives/ Standards (TS16949 etc. )
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1. CMM Zeiss Calypso programming
2. Sound knowledge of First Principles of Measurement. PC/IT skills - ability to interact with corporate systems; Microsoft Office
3. Candidates must hold a valid Indentured Apprenticeship
- Experience in programming Coordinate Measurement Machines (Zeiss Calypso)
- Have a detailed knowledge of metrology, first principles and measurement equipment
- Can competently read and interpret engineering drawings
- Computer literate including specialist metrology software, Microsoft Office and CAD, Vis-plus experience
- Problem Solving Techniques
- Root cause analysis Ability to work in fast paced environment and to tight deadlines
- Ability to make decisions quickly, sometimes in demanding situations.
- Candidates need to be effective in all forms of communication
- Ability to use Microsoft Packages and have excellent Written and Oral communication skills Powertrain Experience SPC Experience