Our Client is one of the world's largest energy companies with over 95,000 employees in 100 countries around the world, providing its customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, retail services and petrochemicals products for everyday items. Our Client's brand has grown to become recognised worldwide for quality gasoline, transport fuels, chemicals and alternative sources of energy such as wind, solar and biofuels. Our Client is progressive, responsible, innovative and
- Seasoned professional position. Represent the commissioning team as Single Point Of Contact (SPOC) for Construction and Operations.
- Accountable for the development of commissioning procedures and for execution of commissioning activities.
- Responsible for commissioning planning & schedule with construction schedule.
- Collaborate with Construction to develop a construction/commissioning integrated schedule and to set the system handover priority.
- Define limits of system handover and system identification. Work with Operations and Engineering in development of system breakdowns.
- Work with Asbuilt Coordinator on FCO package development.
- Determine specific commissioning requirements for systems and equipment.
- Review vendor recommended commissioning spare parts list and work with Ops and supply groups to purchase commissioning spares & consumables as identified on commissioning procedures. This includes start up activities as well as IWL items.
- Update commissioning schedule based on commissioning material delivery.
- Prioritize the commissioning activities and coordinate commissioning resources allocation with the FCO Superintendent
- Walk down the systems for mechanical completion (MC1) and System Completion (SH1) prior to system handover & IWL meetings to prioritize punch list items to support commissioning schedule.
- Coordinate all MC1 an SH1 walk-down notices and IWL meetings with Turnover Coordinator. Chair meetings or have Turnover Coordinator do so.
- At handover stage, accept mechanical handover (MC1) upon satisfactory completion by construction authority. This signifies that system is ready for commissioning and transfer of technical integrity from construction authority to commissioning authority.
- At system handover stage, offer system handover (GOC form SH1) upon satisfactory completion of commissioning activities of systems to Operating Authority for acceptance and signature. This signifies that system is ready to operate and demonstrates technical integrity has been achieved.
- Ensure Control of Work Process is in place and satisfactory for commissioning scope of work
- Enforce commissioning HSSE commitment and ensure HSSE goals are met for all commissioning activities.
- Oversee day-to-day commissioning activities
- Coordinate vendor support including training requirements and understand vendors/contractors commissioning and start-up work processes.
- Incorporate Operations personnel as part of the commissioning team and maximize on-the-job training for operations personnel.
- Monitor the overall cost and budget
- Provide status to commissioning manager
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.