Commissioning Area Operator
This vacancy has now expired.
2/3 rotation in Norway! Must have hydrocarbon experience.
Routine activities include (but are not limited to):
- Safety and Environment according to the approve HSE documented procedures.
- Handover documentation and information transfer
- Equipments Monitoring
- Comply with the Commissioning scope.
Note: The job requires the Area Operator to work on all equipment existing in his/her area, and to be able to support other Area Operators in the other areas.
DIMENSIONS: - The post holder is expected to work on Nyhamna Site and related areas in relation to the Nyhamna Expansion Project. - The post holder shall perform the execution of activities following the engineering documentation and instructions from the Commissioning Superintendent.
- Ensure that safe work practice is followed and this must be in compliance with legislated -and companies- HSE specifications within the function area.
- Intervenes in unsafe acts and situations, in a safe manor and according to guidelines.
1. Execute project operative tasks related to all project activities connected to Nyhamna Expansion project.
2. Perform the duties of a Commissioning Area Operator as per Ormen Lange Prosedyre for styring av arbeid (Permit to Work system) and Nyhamna Expension Project PtW procedure.
3. Perform the duties of Approved Gas Tester as per Ministry of Labour.
4. Achieve minimal delays on permit activation.
5. Actively participate in ensuring good order and tidiness.
6. Receiving, delivering and recording detailed and accurate information regarding the status of all equipment and operating conditions.
7. Communication with varied workgroups including Construction, Contractor(s), maintenance, third party contractors, external customers and visitors according to Project guidelines.
8. Report risks and incidents and initiate first response actions to reduce further escalation of incidents.
9. Immediately inform the Superintendent if or when trouble shooting is required.
10. Undertake competency training and assessment
11. Collect evidence of competence and keep own competence portfolio updated and report to Competence Manager
12. Carryout Coaching / Mentoring of Trainee Operators.
13. Support and implement the Flawless Program.
14. Review Commissioning procedures.
15. Focus on piping integrity, cleanliness and punching.
16. Follow up on Ormen Lange certificate register.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform condition monitoring of equipment.
2. Reporting of system faults, assigning priority actions to work requests.
3. Write daily report on his Area / scope of work.
4. Report daily activities, provide input to safety meetings, and report any defects or deviations during Commissioning.
5. Write 14 day handover report for back to back according to ESP guidelines.
6. Respond in the analysis and solution of Commissioning problems Mechanical - Install / remove spades / spectacle and blind flanges on an as need basis If less than 2inches or 50mm If 150 or 300 series, - Connect / Disconnect flexible hoses and small-bore fittings as required for purging and flushing activities. If less than 2” or 50 mm), - Top up all oil levels. Instrumentation - Connect / disconnect small bore fittings (Swagelock).
NOTE: Additional instructions may be issued by: Site Commissioning Manager or Permit Coordinators. These instructions shall be followed only in case they are not in conflict with the instructions of Line Manager. The employee shall also abide by all Company policies and procedures and shall take instructions from other management functions as may be prescribed in such approved procedures.
SPECIAL CHALLENGES: Project execution in Brownfield environment
Remarks/additional info: 12 months contract initially, Option to extend to 2016.