Commissioning Engineer x 2
Power & Energy
Uckfield, East Sussex
Our client is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. They operate in around 100 countries employing over 145,000 people. They are seeking a number of Commissioning Engineers
Our client is looking for 2 experienced Commissioning Engineer's to work on an Offshore Wind Farm project
Substation commissioning experience from 132kv to 400kv ideally.
Technical contribution Manages the commissioning activities to ensure quality, timely delivery within targeted costs.
Ensures implementation design changes in commissioning and the production of as built project documentation.
Supports continuous improvement of project process/product/system design.
2. Sales support Assists in creation and presentation of proposals for engineering projects or programs (provision of bills of material, estimated engineering hours etc.).
3. Contract management Supports Contract Managers in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.).
Ensures adherence to safety standards in the area of responsibility and mitigation of potential risks.
4. Planning and control Creates work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility.
Manages the implementation of the commissioning plan.
Improves effectiveness of work plans in collaboration with other functions.
5. Risk and opportunity management - Conducts risk and opportunity assessments during commissioning phase to ensure implementation of commissioning plan, identifies & reports potential risks related to contract/quality/program/cost and
recommends resolutions to management. Initiates and monitors risk mitigation plan in own area of responsibility and ensures stakeholders are updated on associated technical risks.
Conducts Safety Observation tour regularly to report and mitigate potential HSE hazards.
6. Customer Leads and coordinates commissioning activities focused on finalising customer acceptance certification. Interacts with customers and external providers for approval of plant acceptance criteria, open issues closure and performance tests.
Identifies and introduces new effective engineering solutions to meet business and customer needs. Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of commissioning.
7. Supply chain management - Manages external organizations to ensure availability of commissioning equipment, systems or services. Provides technical guidance to ensure tools/systems meet required specifications.
8. Technical leadership and development - Develops, coaches and provides technical guidance to colleagues in assigned business unit.
Gives feedbacks to the organization to apply lessons learned process.
9. Processes and tools Creates standard processes and tools. - Ensures that all commissioning activities comply with the required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Identifies, introduces and promotes processes and tools in one’s
area of responsibility to increase productivity. Analyses data and prepares reports to ensure on-contract delivery.
10. People leadership and development Guides and assigns task to engineers, technicians and administrative staff. May manage small project teams.
Career Level Definition Competencies – Required Level
E/S - D Individual contributor using in-depth knowledge in a specific area to execute complex or specialized projects/challenges often thinking independently to challenge traditional solutions.
Has comprehensive knowledge of related disciplines in the organisation. Works independently, applying established standards and instructs or coaches other professionals.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
TP141 (not essential)