Commissioning Instrument Engineer
Oil & Gas
12 month rolling contract
This vacancy has now expired.
: BASIC SKILLS
• Competent in communicating in English language.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Good inter-personal and communication skills.
• Deep knowledge of Instrument field equipment and ICSS.
• Ability to produce written technical reports and procedures.
• Ability to supervise Instrument supervisors and technicians and liaise with engineering and fabrication contractor.
• Ability to interpret and understand P&IDs, D&IDs, UFDs, PFDs, GA’s and other engineering drawings.
• Computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
• Demonstrate personal HSSE leadership and excellent HSE behaviours at all times, and ensure that safety expectations are communicated and maintained.
• Attend all mandatory training as specified in HSE, and Permit To Work training schedule, and to act as Performing Authority
• Responsible for carrying out Safety Instrumented Functions testing and demonstration to client assessment bodies
• Comply with client's competency guidelines for IEC 61511
• Provide coaching / mentor national and junior team members as necessary
• Ensure all team members are fully aware and understand all the projects safe working practices and adhere to them to maintain a SAFE working environment.
• Development of Limit of System Handover (LOSH) drawings
• Interface with the Engineering Purchase Order Management Team for all mechanical equipment / packages to assist within the build/installation.
• Attend Factory Acceptance Testing of equipment
• Ensure all Instrument equipment packages have clear defined preservation requirements identified and applied.
• Ensuring the technical integrity of Instrument systems prior to acceptance of ‘Mechanical Completion’ certificates from the contraction contractor.
• Responsible for writing and reviewing the Instrument content of commissioning test procedures. Ensuring that the integrity of the systems is maintained and all safe working practices are adhered to within the procedures.
• Responding to engineering site queries where clarification of design is required and liaise with engineering contractor where a response to SEQ’s is required.
• Control of ‘As Building’ documents in accordance with project procedure.
• Coordinate Vendor call offs in accordance with construction and commissioning schedule ensuring Vendors are mobilised when required and are aware and understand the safe working practices of the site and receive all the necessary site specific safety training.
• Responsible for the approval of Instrument discipline LUNs and ensuring that all work carried out on Live Systems is completed under a Permit to Work.
• Ensure that the all Instrument static and dynamic Commissioning activities are completed in a safe manner.
• Ensuring that all Instrument commissioning procedures and paperwork is completed to enable a smooth hand over of systems to Operations.
• Ensure the projects commitment to Safety is maintained.
• To complete the work scope assigned within the defined project schedule, ensuring the engineering design standards are achieved and equipment operability satisfactorily demonstrated
• Track record of relevant commissioning experience on Instrument Systems on international onshore or offshore facilities, and demonstrate a deep understanding of Commissioning process including:-
o Involvement with Engineering Contractor in design phase.
o Electrical data verification and understanding of Mechanical Completions database requirements
o Experience of Instrument, ICSS & Package FATs
o Development of Limit of System Handover (LOSH) drawings
o Commissioning Dynamic Test Procedure compilation
o Commissioning of utility and process systems
o System Handover Management Process from Construction and to Operations
o Understanding of Safety Instrumented Functions and IEC 61511
o ICSS Emerson Systems
o Familiarity with Mechanical Completion Process
• Control of Work processes during execution
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
HNC/HND or similar. Consideration will also be given to candidates who demonstrate appropriate experience / work history.
• Proven track record delivering required role or similar within the Oil & Gas Industry.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Recognised Control & Instrument Engineering Degree
Formal SIS and ICSS (Emerson) training courses