Commissioning Lead Telecomms
Oil & Gas
A global Oil & Gas operator with extensive operations in the Caspian Region.
• Review and comments to Engineering AFD, and AFC documents.
• Responsible for delivering fully commissioned Telecoms systems for acceptance by Operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
• Lead by example – you are a role model
• Be visible - be seen to be always doing the right thing
• Take an interest in the workforce;
o promote and praise good behaviour
o have quality conversations
o listen to their concerns
• Be actively involved, in the site safety systems, including but not limited to:
o Site Management Safety walk through
o Risk assessments
o Risk Assess It, Talk It, Check It (RTC)
o Permit to Work (PTW)
o Incident reporting and investigation
o Safety Observation and Conversation (SOC)
o Behavioural Observation safety System (BOSS)
• Provide HSE Leadership and work with the selected contractor to deliver fully on HSE expectations.
• Definition of System and sub-system limits including mark up and coding of telecoms drawings.
• Review and comment on Engineering Telecoms design documents, both AFD and AFC.
• Review design documents with Ops telecoms personnel, to ensure systems are compatible.
• Attend all Safety reviews, and hazops of the design of telecoms systems.
• Attend Factory Acceptance Tests at supplier’s premises.
• Development of Telecoms Commissioning Test Procedures
• Fully conversant with clients System Handover Management requirements
• Respond to engineering site queries where clarification of design is required and liaise with Eng contractor where an Engineering response to SEQ’s is required
• Witnessing and acceptance of Site Acceptance Tests.
• Attend site RTC meetings and participate in level 2 risk assessments
• Ensuring all telecoms commissioning personnel carryout their work and are fully trained in accordance with site PTW procedures.
• Perform Area Authority duties in accordance with PTW procedure
• Attend commissioning meetings.
• Responsible for the safety & management of all Telecoms commissioning personnel and vendors reps under their control when on-site
• Compilation of a weekly progress report to their line manager.
• Control of “As building” documents in accordance with the project procedure
• Coordinate Vendor call offs in accordance with construction and commissioning schedule ensuring vendors are mobilised when required.
• Familiarity with standard telecoms systems including PA/GA , Marine, VHF, UHF radio, CCTV, Meteorological systems, living quarters entertainment systems, telephone and muster systems etc
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• A recognised Engineering degree and or a minimum of 10 years experience working on Telecoms Commissioning on onshore or offshore facilities including:-
o Involvement with Engineering Contractor in design phase.
o Factory Acceptance Testing at suppliers premises.
o Site Acceptance Testing
o Handover to Operations
• An experienced discipline engineer who demonstrates good communication and team ethos skills and have significant experience of working on the commissioning of a major Project within the oil and gas industry